26

it's close to being where i hate the most. after texas, we went to atlanta, but now we just finished up with atlanta, it was great. i loved being there, everything on the tour was going smoothly so far. even though it's been a bit tiring, the girls have worked extra hard, as they always do. i'm so insanely proud of them. however, now it's almost time for the new york show. i don't necessarily want to be here, because i'm close to her. i don't want her to be here. 

"i hate that you're friends with them. i see the way you look at her, it's not the same way you look at me." she said

"it's different, obviously. i look at them like my friends, because that's what they are. my friends." i retaliated

"no, you love her, you don't look at me with that love."

"because it's a different kind of love, it's friendship, not romantic love."

"you're such a liar y/n. you want her not me."

"if i wanted her why would i be with you? i love you, romantically. you're my girlfriend, you're who i love." i was getting frustrated, why couldn't she just believe me.

"if you loved me then you wouldn't run on your own time, you wouldn't run on your friends time. you only run on everyone else's time, not mine. i hate that you do this. i just want time with you, but you never give me that."

"what are you talking about? all i ever give you is my time. i wanted some time with my friends, i told you i'd be with them today. you said it was okay. every second i can i spend with you, but i also need to see my friends too." the more she retaliates, the more frustrated i get.

"no, that's such a lie. you never make time for me. it's always other people, then all you do is listen to your parents, when will you have time for me?"

"i have seen you every single day for the past month, how is that not making time for you? i see you, i always get things for you, i cook for you, i take care of you, and i'm happy to do that, i'm not complaining, but how is that not making time for you? please, explain it to me."

"because when you're here you're talking to your friends, you never talk to me."

"i always talk to you, i talk to your parents, and i talk to my friends. i give you the most attention out of everyone, and again i'm not complaining, but seriously, aly. what is the problem here?" i slammed my fist in anger. i waited for her to respond.

"just as i expected, now i'm sorry, but i need some time to cool off. i'm taking a walk. i'll be back soon." i walked outside of the house and started to just walk. it was nice out, not hot and not cold. i walked as i just cleared my head. i came back and she was sitting outside my house. she looked as if she was disassociated, staring blankly into the street.

"i'm sorry i walked away, but i needed some time to cool down to properly talk to you." i said, but she just blankly stared. i went inside and grabbed something cold for her. i put a cool towel on her head and she slowly came back to me. she didn't say a word, she just went inside. i made her a cup of coffee, and turned a movie on for her.

"am i not enough for you?" she broke out of her silence.

"you're more than enough for me." i said while reaching for her hand.

"okay." she didn't say anything else, yet i still cared for her throughout the entire night. rubbing her head so she could calm down, getting her snacks and drinks, putting on movies that she wanted to watch. i was frustrated, but i didn't let it show. she soon fell asleep and i was then lost in my thoughts.

'you're a bad girlfriend, why would you let her feel that way?'

'she deserves better than you'

'you make her feel like a nothing'

'you're the one who isn't enough.'

i tried to shake the thoughts out of my head, but i couldn't. she was slowly ruining me and i was blaming myself for it. i was blaming myself for the way she was acting. that she had a reason to feel that way, that i wasn't giving her enough of what she needed.

but it wasn't true, and i was accepting that i wasn't the overall bad guy. i did what i could. i was the one who got myself out of this. i was shaken out of my thoughts when mina came and tapped my shoulder.

"hey y/n, you've been quiet. are you okay?" she asked with a concerned expression.

"yeah, just getting worried. being close to home is bringing back some flashbacks." i gave her a shy smile as i replied.

"we don't have to talk about it if you don't want to, but i'm here to listen. we all are" she reached for my hand and smiled.

"thank you mina, how are you doing so far?"

"i'm good, y/n. i've been tired since the tour started, but i'm also having a blast. it's been great." she flashed her famous gummy smile at me while she talked about how she's doing.

"yeah it's been a little tiring, but it's been great. i love spending time with you girls and just having some fun! i'm so insanely lucky to have met you girls, my life brightens more everyday" she reached and gave me a hug.

"you brighten our lives more everyday, y/n. you're truly the best person we could have ever asked for. none of us would trade you for the world. we love you"

"and i love you girls so much. thank you for making my life better" she gave me one more hug, and we went to the rest of the girls. we all went out and explored new york for a little bit, grabbing some dinner and just enjoying the views. 

we first went to times square, the girls were mesmerized by how big it was. they hadn't expected it to be that big. then we wanted to do some tourist-y things, so we went to the colors museum. after that, we went to the high line before dinner. the view was perfect, the walk was calming and needed. i wish i could stay in this kind of environment, just a calm walk with the people i love around me. it was perfect. hearing different conversations, seeing people enjoying their time. families exploring a new place for the first time. i was able to capture such amazing moments like that just while we were walking. we stopped for a minute because the girls wanted photos, of course.

after a couple of pictures, and some fans of theirs saying hi, we started to leave the high line. we were now on our way to the restaurant, and i had accidentally bumped into someone. i dropped their things and i was helping them pick it up. i smelled a familiar scent, but i didn't think anything of it, anyone could have that scent. i quickly started apologizing for my clumsiness.

"oh my, i'm so sorry i didn't see you there. let me help you" as i was helping them pick up their things, i noticed a familiar ring. the same ring i gave her. there wasn't a chance.

"nice to see you again, y/n." i looked up at the voice, scared of my fears coming true. when i met with those eyes, my world stopped. my breath shortened, my voice was shaken.

"aly."