38

i got back to my apartment and made my way up. i was shaking with fear, but was also trying to calm myself down. i went to open my door to see dahyun sitting on the couch.

"dahyun? what is it that you wanted to talk about?" i asked as i slowly approached her.

"y/n, hi" she reached in for a hug. the hug had a lot of emotions, but i couldn't decipher what emotions.

"is everything okay?" i asked

"well, hopefully" she said

"what is this all about?" she reached for my hand, and had me follow her to my room. when we walked inside, the lights were off, candles lit, with petals all over the floor. i started to tear up. wondering when she had time to even do all of this.

"y/n, i know that we've only been together for a little over a year, but what i feel for you.. i know it will last a life time. when i met you as a kid, i knew you were special, and i knew that i had to have you in my life. ever since we were little, you never failed to make me feel included. even when we were separated. some how, you were always with me. i made it my mission to find you again. even though i'd visit home to see my dad, i always tried my best to find you and make sure you were doing good.. i know that sounds stalkerish i'm sorry, but it's true. my heart was always drawn to you. your heart is pure gold, you are the sweetest girl i've ever met. you care so much about other people and are always willing to take care of anyone. even yourself. each day you get stronger and stronger, and i get prouder everyday. your strength is undeniably incredible, even if it's been taking some time to fully heal, you're still doing amazing and still standing as strong as ever. whenever i'm with you, time just stops. it freezes.. the only people that exist is just us. everything about you is absolutely perfect, and i am ultimately the luckiest girl alive to have been given the chance to love you and to be with you. i want to continue to explore the world with you, i want to have those silly arguments that don't make sense, i want to wake up by your side every morning. i want the world to know that you are mine. there's nothing more that i want, than to call you my wife. i know that it hasn't been long, but if there is one thing i am absolutely sure of, is that i want to spend the rest of my life with you. i want to grow old with you and have kids with you. i want to be the best parents we can be to our kids and tell them our stories. i want to spoil them rotten just like i do with you. i want to continue to do life with you by my side..." she paused as she reached in her pocket. she got down on one knee, tears filling in my eyes..

"y/n, will you marry me?" tears and fear was entering her eyes. i didn't respond at first, but instead walked away. i know it seems awful, but trust. i went over to my closet, and reached into one of dahyun's hoodies that i stole from her. i left this here because i knew she wouldn't ask for it back or try to wear it. she knows i love it too much. i walked back over to her.

"you always beat me to these things, don't you?" i laughed, and continued on.

"i was planning on taking us out to dinner and reenacting our first date just to look back on how far we've come. i was planning on proposing, but again you beat me to it. i mean, to answer you, of course i would absolutely love to marry you, but now it's my turn.. because i still want to propose." we both laughed with tears in our eyes. our voices a little cracked from crying. i got down on one knee, and spoke with my heart.

"when i first met you, you were someone i was drawn to. naturally i thought it was just because i was lonely and wanted a new friend. however, it wasn't the case. even though we were little, you always treated me kindly and there was never a dull moment with you. when you left, i never stopped thinking about you. how you were doing, what you were up to, and if i'd ever see you again. life got hectic and crazy the older i got, but you never slipped my mind, ever. when i saw you at the airport, i was drawn to you somehow.. even though i just wanted to stay in my own world, i was intrigued by you. then i found out that i'd be working with you. i thought how is it possible that i'm running into this girl again? maybe fate is bringing us together. you told me about yourself, and we slowly got to know each other more. then you told me who you were. it's like my whole entire world was shaken, but in a good way. things were turning around. a lot of things happened, but you stayed by my side through it all. you cared for me and loved me for who i was, and who i become. you're truly the light the world needs, you're always so supportive, loving, and caring. i couldn't ask for anyone better. you are the missing puzzle piece that i had been searching for, longing for, and now i want to continue to be a complete puzzle, with you. i want to spend my entire lifetime with you, i want it all with you, and no one else. dahyun, you are my one true love, and that will never change. will you make me the absolute happiest, and marry me?" she was crying a whole bunch, but her eyes said everything i needed to know. she nodded her head, and we put our rings on each other. i was going to go for a kiss, but she stopped to say something.

"wow.. we really know each other that well? we got each other the same ring." i looked down at our hands and didn't even realize it.

"of course i know my wife" i winked at her and kissed her.

"but did you really have to scare me i thought you were about to break up with me"

"i'm sorry honey, i knew you were out working out. so i came here and prepared everything.. i was just lucky to text you right around when you finished" she giggled. we spent the rest of the night laying with each other and relaxing. tonight was truly a night to remember.