Chapter 2: Hand in Hand, Let's Go to Nursery School

Xiao Tu has had a big appetite since she was small. When she was three, she could already eat two bowls of congee at once, causing her mother to worry. If things continued like this, even if she ate all their savings away, it was still a small issue. But what would they do if she became fat? Mother thought it over for a night and finally decided to only let Xiao Tu eat one bowl of congee for a period of time.

This was difficult for Xiao Tu. She dryly stared at the empty bowl and chattered, "Mama, eat food...."

Her mother steeled her heart, took her daughter, and faced her towards the door, "Be good, go play at your godmother's place."

As Xiao Tu waddled her towards Ling Chao's home, she turned her head and hoped for another bowl of congee.

At that time, Ling Chao was almost two years and eleven months old. As Xiao Tu entered, his mother was feeding him congee. A giant bowl of congee was placed in front of him, but he refused to eat.

His mother was anxious to the point of sweating, trying to coax him, "Chaochao be good, eat!"

'Eat?'

When Xiao Tu heard the words, her eyes saw green.

"Godmother, Tu Tu wants to eat too!"

Just as Ling Chao's mother was worried about her son not eating, she saw Xiao Tu appear. Her eyes lit up, and she thought of a plan! She filled a big bowl full of congee and passionately called Xiao Tu, "Little Tu, come eat and show Chaochao. Wow...looks really delicious!"

Xiao Tu ate in a messy manner, half of her face covered in congee.

Ling Chao stared at her without blinking, licking his lips from time to time. After a while, he couldn't resist anymore. He turned his head toward his mother and said: "Mama, eat."

"Great!" His mother happily gave him a bowl of congee.

Due to this incident, Ling Chao's mom happily welcomed Xiao Tu to come over and eat. Xiao Tu was also very happy; once it came time to eat, she would immediately go next door. Gradually, her mother began to notice something.

"Honey, do you feel that recently our little Tu hasn't been asking for more food?"

Her father was repairing the radio at that moment. Without even raising his head, he said, "Isn't this a good thing?

"What's good about it? These past few days, after eating she would run to her godmother's place. There is definitely a reason for this. It could be that she is eating at the Ling family's home behind our backs!"

Her father impatiently raised his head: "You really are something. If our daughter likes to eat, then just let her eat!"

"What do you understand? When a child is small, they absorb everything and grow bigger. If by chance her figure becomes disfigured, and we need to make more clothes, will you provide the money?"

Her father thought for a bit and felt it was reasonable, "If you are really worried, just send our daughter to nursery school. There, the meals will be fixed, so she certainly won't overeat."

Her mother thought this was a good idea. Immediately the next day, she went to the nursery school and signed Xiao Tu up.

Xiao Tu was extremely unwilling, but because her mother commanded it, she didn't dare refuse. After trying to run away a few times, she still obediently went to nursery school.

Luckily, after a few days, Ling Chao was also sent to study at the nursery school. Furthermore, they were placed together in the same class.

Actually, the reason was quite simple. Ever since Xiao Tu had started nursery school, Ling Chao stopped eating again. His mother became worried and couldn't think of any other method, so she sent her son to nursery school with Xiao Tu. She even specifically instructed the child care worker to have them eat together during mealtime.