Chapter 6: Tonight's Scenery Isn't bad!

During Xiao Tu's second year in middle school (8th grade), her teacher Wu Da-lang selected a few of the pretty good students from the class to participate in a junior martial arts competition in the city. Although Xiao Tu didn't make the official team, she was still a substitute, making it necessary for her to participate at every practice.

Since there wasn't enough training time, teacher Wu required every student to rush to the practice area after school hours were over. They were required to practice for three hours before they were allowed to go home.

Since she eats quite a lot, Xiao Tu's mother didn't mind the practice hours since doing more exercise would help her lose weight.

But Xiao Tu certainly minded it. She wasn't worried about practicing more, rather, she was afraid of going home alone.

By the time practice was over, the sky would already be dark. The martial arts training grounds were located in a small remote neighborhood. If she wanted to go home, she would need to ride her bike by herself through a very long alley. The street light in the alley had been broken for almost a month. It was horrible, sometimes while wandering in the dark alley, some stray cats would jump out.

Xiao Tu had been afraid of the dark since she was little. She had gone through the alley a few times before, yet she didn't dare go by herself. She begged Ling Chao to pick her up.

Ling Chao refused, saying, "You'd best not attend then, what reason does a girl have to be learning martial arts anyway?"

"No! My mother said that my grades are poor, therefore learning martial arts would help me get into high school."

"If your grades are that poor, worse case I will give you lessons."

Xiao Tu thought about it, but in the end shook her head, "No, I would still like to to study martial arts."

Ling Chao was somewhat angry, "Whether you want to study or not, I can't go pick you up." After speaking, he rode away on his own.

Ling Chao couldn't make heads or tails of his anger. Xiao Tu was at a loss too, and could only steel herself and continue to go to practice.

When practice ended, it was already after 8 o'clock. She went downstairs to get her bike, suddenly becoming both happy and sad simultaneously.

She was happy that her bike with the pink ribbon had finally been stolen. The sad part was that, without her bike, she had to walk through the alley alone. To her, that was the same thing as offering up her life.

Xiao Tu became gloomy. Carrying her bag with her head down, she neared the entrance of the alley.

Xiao Tu hesitated for a moment, closed her eyes, then prepared to sprint through the alley.

Suddenly someone called out to her.

"Xiao Tu, are you going home?"

Xiao Tu turned around and saw someone holding a bottle. It happened to be teacher Wu's son, Wu Cheng Wei.

"Yeah." Xiao Tu nodded, "How come you're here?"

Wu Cheng Wei showed the bottle in his hand to Xiao Tu, "I'm helping my dad by going out and buying soy sauce.

'Buying soy sauce?' Xiao Tu eyes suddenly brightened, "You're going out?"

Wu Cheng Wei nodded, "Yeah, what's up?"

"Nothing, absolutely nothing!!" Xiao Tu was wild with joy, "I'll walk with you, I need to go home anyways."

Wu Cheng Wei didn't notice her motive and straightforwardly nodded, "Sure, let's go."