Chapter 7: This Time, Ling Chao's Face Is Coming Closer And Closer...

From then on, Ling Chao began to attend self-study at night. This way, after self-studying ended, he could go pick up Xiao Tu at her martial arts school. Of course, if you were to ask him, he would say he wasn't going out of his way for Xiao Tu, but rather, she was just on the way home.

Ling Chao's "on the way" attitude made Xiao Tu endlessly happy. The three hours of practice already made her really tired, and she still would've needed to bike home. It was simply torture. Ling Chao made things simple. She didn't have to worry about going through the dark alley or have to bike that long way home anymore. It was so good that she could even lean on him and sleep for a bit, this was clearly VIP treatment.

Like this, a month had passed and the junior martial arts competition would soon begin.

The final weekend before the competition, teacher Wu selected the members who would participate in the competition. There was also Xiao Tu who was originally a substitute among those selected.

After practice that night, Xiao Tu walked downstairs while humming. Downstairs, she saw Ling Chao on his bike, one foot on a pedal and one on the ground, waiting for her.

Xiao Tu quickly ran over, and in high spirits said before even stopping, "Let me tell you some good news."

"What is it?"

"My senior apprentice sister in the class has appendicitis, and she's hospitalized."

Ling Chao stared at her, "How is this good news?"

"No, let me finish!" Xiao Tu continued without taking in more air, "This senior apprentice sister was one of the main members for this competition, since she can't go anymore, teacher is having me replace her."

"You're participating in the competition?" Ling Chao's eyebrows raised slightly.

"Yup!" Xiao Tu happily nodded. "This time, most of the participants are high-schoolers, and the only middle-schooler is me. Teacher said that I had potential. Who knows if I will get a good placement! A few days ago, my mother was saying that if I bring a reward back, then during the high school entrance exam I might get extra points..."

While Xiao Tu spoke nonstop, Ling Chao's expression sank further and further. When she finished, he asked, "When is your competition?"

"Next Wednesday, I think they said it was for three days."

"Next Wednesday, I am going to A-High."

A-High? When he suddenly said this, Xiao Tu was a little dazed. "What are you doing going to do at A-High?" Speaking of A-High, it is the best high school in the city. It's reported that the number of people from that school who are accepted to prestigious national universities each year is astonishing. Many celebrities have also graduated from this high school. Ling Chao says he wants to go to A-High, could it be...

Xiao Tu shook herself and returned to reality. "The school isn't sending you to study at A-High, right?"

Ling Chao glanced meaningfully at her and nodded his head.

"That's great!" Xiao Tu was so excited that she jumped up. "Godmother would definitely be excited that you want to go to A-High. A few days ago she had mentioned to me that A-High is a very good school..."

"What about you? Ling Chao suddenly asked.

Xiao Tu didn't understand. "Me? What about me?"

"Do you want me to go to A-High?"

Xiao Tu didn't understand why he would ask this. Pausing for a moment, then said, "Of course, I wish for you go! A-High is a very famous school. In the future when I tell others that my little god brother is studying at A-High, how impressive you'd be..." Speaking about it, she felt so self-satisfied. After finishing and coming back to reality, only then did she realize that Ling Chao's expression wasn't quite right.