22

🎶 Soft music playing //"It's Giving Christmas" by Chris Brown
____

The family arrived at kempinski gold coast city hotel at exactly 10:30 pm and were directed to the Adlon ballroom, where the reunion was taking place. They entered, and Nana went nuts on seeing Janice, her boyfriend Aaron, and cousin Kimberly. She had no idea that Kelvin invited them over for the reunion: that was very thoughtful on his part, and she couldn't be more excited to have them here. Robert's father (Williams) and younger brothers (Wesley, Douglas, Jeffery, Gregory) and Kristen's mother (Kathy) and younger sister (Kendall) were all present at the reunion with their spouses. Kelvin and Bradley were excited to see their other cousins; Devon, Jayjay, Xavier (wife + kids), Brandy, and her fiance (Tristan) present as well. The rest were equally excited to see their parents, especially Trudy, because she couldn't wait to report her brother to her dad, of course. This was a family tradition, and everyone was expected to show up no matter where they were in the world.

"Aren't you noticing something new about her?"
Kimberly raised Janice's left hand up, and Nana screamed in utmost shock with her hands on her head, at the sight of the engagement ring on her finger. She wasn't expecting to see her at the reunion tonight, neither was she expecting to see her with a ring on.

OH MY GOODNESS, I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS! Whoooaa, that's such a beautiful ring !

"Hahahaha, I know, right?"

But when was this and how come I didn't know about it?!

Trust me, you didn't miss anything: he proposed last night, and I was planning on telling you today...

Awwww... wow! I am so happy for you, Jaja; congratulations to you both! She hugged & pecked them on the cheek. The last time she saw her was on her moving out day, and now she was getting married already? How time flies; very soon, she'll be bearing her nephews and nieces!

"Thank you, Nana."

Very smart of you for making the right choice, brother - Kelvin smacked hands with Aaron & hugged him.

"Thanks, man."

"Welcome..."

"So have you told mom & dad yet?"

Yeah, they were the first to know actually: Aaron had them and his parents on a video call before he proposed.

Wow, I can only imagine their reactions; especially mom...

"Mm-hmm, you know how extra she can be.."

Right. I'm sure she collapsed and came back to life 3 times.

"HA-HA-HA, exactly!"

That reminds me: mom says I should call them when I see you, so I'm hoping we can do that after dinner?

"Oh, okay, that would be great."

But wait, oo... What has Kelvin been feeding you with? Janice questioned as they walked to their seats, and he burst into laughter.

You know? I was about to ask the same question! Kim exclaimed

Organic nutrients, I guess...
Isn't that right, baby?

Eeewww, don't mind him, okay? I've been eating too much lately, and I just need to slow down.

Naaah, I think you should maintain this weight cx you're seriously glowing.

That's the same thing I've been telling her. I think she looks perfect.

"Yhyh whatever," eyes rolling