31

The next morning, Phoebe woke up naked with her braids scattered all over her face and the stench of alcohol lingering on her body. She looked over to Bradley's side of the bed and realized he wasn't around. She belched and immediately rushed to the washroom to puke from a bad hangover. Obviously, she couldn't remember a thing from last night since it was her first time getting drunk. After letting it all out, she flushed it and took her bath. She made sure to scrub her body as hard as she could to get the alcohol stench off her: it was an unpleasant smell for sure. After bathing, she dressed up and left to find her fiance.

Kristen on the other hand, woke up and found herself in another room with severe body pains and a bad migraine. Unlike Phoebe, she remembered every bit of last night (from going shopping with her daughter in-law, to getting drunk at the club and then getting arrested for DUI charges) yet, wondered how she got in here. She gathered strength to sit up, scanned her skin and burst into tears over how bruised it was. There were bright red bruises all over her arms, back, waist, bum, thighs and legs. She also remembered getting flogged by her husband but couldn't remember why he flogged her. There was no way she could have forgotten that he did this to her after the hook of his belt ate the living hell out of her flesh. After sobbing her eyes out, she rinsed her face (cx her eyes looked red) and left to her bedroom to freshen up.
_____

(9:19 am)

Robert and the children were having breakfast at the dining hall when Kristen came out of the room. Their presence left her startled. Unfortunately, the room she slept in was just around the dining hall. Now she had to pass by the table to get to her room with all eyes on her messy-looking-self, smelling of alcohol. She shook the "shyness" off, greeted and walked past the table. Everyone responded to her greeting except for her husband and her two sons who were still pissed with her. She hurriedly entered her room, slammed the door and exhaled the tension out of her tummy. What a morning! She was as embarrassed as a clown without makeup for the first time, in the midst of family! Chelsea dropped her spoon and got up to follow her mommy but;

"You better sit down and finish your breakfast young lady..." Robert scolded and she sat back down.

"Yes, daddy."

Four minutes later, Phoebe came downstairs in search of Bradley and chanced upon everyone at the dinning hall. Tension got the best of her and she ran back upstairs thinking no one saw her, but Robert saw her.

"PHOEBE!"
He called her but she pretended as if she didn't hear and kept running away until she got to her room. She jumped into the bed and covered herself with the duvet, pretending to be asleep.

Kristen later joined breakfast after freshening up and checked up on Nana. She could care less about her sons and their drama for now cx all she cared about was Nana and her wellbeing.

"How are you feeling today, honey?"

"Feeling much better than yesterday; thanks for your concern."

Oh c'mon, don't you dare thank me! You only make sure to rest well and stress less in order to recover quickly, alright?

"Yes please, I'll do just that."

Good."

"Mommyyy, I missed you so much! I've been looking for you since last night!" Chelsea got up from her chair and went to sit on her mom's lap.