chapter 4

Captain Bizu Fash moved like an angry bull with his big back legs and chin.
Right in his chest.
His hair was brushed back, greased with a strand of hair sticking out from the front of his head.
As he walked along, the eyes of the drowned seemed to burn the earth in front of him and radiate clear.
A brilliant mind that foreshadows his stack of rock-like handling of all things.
The central hall beneath the glass pyramid.
As they descended past two police guards armed with machine guns, they
Of course, the message behind it is clear that tonight no one is going in or out without Captain Fash's pond.
Down the basement, Langdon tried to resist his growing panic
The presence of Fash was depressing and the Louvre himself was like a grave at this hour of the night. As for the stairs, it seemed as if it were a dark corridor to a light lost movie theater, hidden within the steps running with foot pressure on each of the steps. Langdhun could hear the reverberation of his steps through the glass above him. As he looked up, he could see the faint threads of the bright mist of the fountains that were disappearing away from the clear ceiling. Do I weary you?" "Sal Fash, pointing up with his broad chin nod."
Langdon pleads too exhausted to be in the mood to play games, you know, your pyramid.
Amazing.
They said, "It's a scar on Paris's face.
First strike in favor of a straw. Langnon felt that his host was a difficult man;
HE CUCKED HIMSELF IF FASH KNEW THAT THIS PYRAMID, AT METRANES CLEAR QUEST, WAS BUILT USING EXACTLY 666 PANELS OF GLASS -- A STRANGE QUEST THAT HAD ALWAYS BEEN CONTROVERSIAL
Hot among conspiracy enthusiasts who claim 666 was the Devil's number.
Langdon decided not to raise the issue.
When they descended to the lobby, the vast space left was
The darkness grew up.
The newly built Louvre was 70,000 square feet and five feet deep.
And 90 feet below ground level, it would build like an unfathomable cave. Its structure used dark yellow marble to match the color of the honey stone used to build the facade above, this underground hall that is usually vibrant by sunlight. With tourists, it was a dark night that dyed the entire atmosphere with the cold and dark of the graves." Langdon asked, "What about the museum's regular security staff?
Fash replied as if Langfon was suspicious of his team's competence,
Apparently, someone got Into enter without the right to do so, so all the night guards are because they were being interrogated in Soli's suite and took my own coins on their own to secure the building for this evening."
Langdon shook his head positive as he tried to follow in Fash's footsteps.
The captain was asked, "How well did you know Jack Sauniere?"
Actually, I don't know him.
Was your first meeting going to be tonight?
Yeah, we decided to give the reception tonight at American University after
'My lecture is live, but he didn't show up.
Fash hastily wrote some notes in a small notebook. And as they walked, he threw
A peek into the famous Louvre pyramid - the inverted pyramid - is a huge skylight hanging down from the ceiling and a limestone descending form in a cave, with its section next to the lower floor between the two main floors
Fash drove Langdon up through a short set of steps to the entrance
THE BARROT WITH THE WORD DINON ON IT WAS THE MOST RECOGNIZABLE OF THE SECTIONS. THE MAIN LOVER
Who met Laila? Futch suddenly asked, "You or him?"
Mr. Sauniere, who requested the meeting, answered Langdon while they thought...
The tunnel, his secretary called me a few weeks ago via email, and told me that
The curator heard I was giving a lecture in Paris this month and wanted to discuss something with me while I was here."
What did he want to discuss?
"I don't know, in my view, it might be a matter of art.
"Beda Fash is suspicious, you have no idea what the two of you would have been meeting?
Langdon didn't know, he was curious at the time, but he wasn't comfortable with the idea of asking.
Detail to meet. The Reverend Jack Sauniere had a reputation for privacy and he was
He seldom graciously meets anyone.
Langdon was just glad he had a chance to meet him.
Mr. Langdon, can you at least guess what the victim who killed him wanted?
Discussing it with you on the day of his murder? This might help.
The intensity of this question made Langdon feel nervous, "I can't imagine why.
Asal, I was honored just to have him call me at all. I am a fan of Mr. Sauniere's work." I often use his texts in his lectures. Fash recorded this in his book
The two men were now halfway up from the entrance to Denon's tunnel, and it was
So you had a common interest in him, Sal Fash.
In fact, yes I spent most of the last year writing a draft book that relates to the form
"Direct to Mr. Sauniere's primary jurisdiction. I was desperate to pick up his brain. And Fash looked at him and they said, "Excuse me?
Obviously, this phrase doesn't translate.
"His thoughts on the subject." Yes, that is clear, and what is the subject?
The hesitation of Langdon, not entirely dismissive of how to put it, "The manuscript in
The key is the iconography of the worship of the Athenian deities - the concept of the priest of the ego." and its accompanying art and symbols
"Fash ran his swinging hand through his hair, saying: and Saunier was familiar with it? More than anyone.
I guessed.
Langdon felt that Fash didn't understand at all; Sauniere was considered an ion scientist
The first goddess on Earth. Not only was Saunyir Nu a personal fondness for antiquities and the worship of the gods, nature and the sacred inti, but in his 20 years as curator, he helped to drive the Louvre from the largest collection of goddess art on earth - such as Labrys axes from priestesses of the oldest Greek shrine at Delphi, golden sceptres, Ankh keys resembling small standing angels, and rhinoceroses used in ancient Egypt to exorcise evil spirits, as well as many. Fash suggested it, so he asked you to show him.
You gotta help him with your book.
Langdon shook his head, no one knows yet about my book, it's still on.
"Draft form, plus I didn't offer it to anyone but my editor.
Then, Fash, shut up.
Langdon never explained why he never showed the manuscript to anyone but himself
To an editor. The 300-page draft, tentatively titled The Lost Atheistic Symometers, suggested interpretations that were mostly unorthodox, to a long point of static ICONS, which would certainly be controversial. Now, as Langdon approaches the library staircase, he pauses and realizes that Fash is no longer there
I saw Fash standing a few yards back at a service elevator.
"You know it's difficult to get to the showroom on foot, even though Langdon knows that an elevator can cut up the long staircases for up to a distance.
Two plates to get to Denon's suite, but he kept moving. Fash was looking tight, pinned to the elevator door.
Langdon vows as he eagerly looks back at open escalators, not there.
Any problem at all, he lied to himself driving back to the elevator. As a child, Langdon fell into an abandoned well and almost died trying to avoid drowning with his hands and feet in a narrow space and remained there for hours until he was rescued. Since then, he has been claustrophobic, such as elevators and subway trains
Squash halls.
The elevator is perfectly safe, that's what he used to say to himself but never believed. He is
A metal box hanging in a locked corridor. He came in the elevator, locked himself in, sensed, and tampered with the familiar rush of adrenaline when the elevator doors shut. Two floors, ten seconds.
You and Mr. Sauniere, "Fash said as the elevator started moving, you never talked to each other? And why?
A text message? And neither of you sent anything in the mail to grunt? Another weird question, Langdon shook his head.
Fash tilted his head as if he were recording a mental note of the incident.
In the vacuum forward to the chrome doors.
Ascension Tuesday, Langdon tried to focus on anything but the four walls that surround
In it. Reflecting on the bright door of the elevator, he saw the captain's tie clip - a silver cross cut with 13 black agates. Langdon found this somewhat Westernized. This symbol was known as the Gemat Crooks, the cross bearing thirteen precious stones, a Christian symbol of Christ and his 12 Apostles. For some reason Lannon was not expected to be pure in the French judicial police to denounce his religion in this way to the mullah. Ken. On the other hand, this is France where Christianity is not so much a religion as a right acquired by birth." Fash suddenly said, "It's Crooks Gimana.
Langdon looked up stunned to see Fash staring at him in the reflection on a door
For an elevator.
The elevator climbed and stopped and opened the doors.
Langdon sped out toward the aisle longing for the vast space that
The high ceiling gives it to the Louvre. But the world he now entered was far from what he expected.
And Langdon paused in astonishment.
They said, Mr. Langdon, this is the first time you've seen it.
"The Louvre after visiting hours? Langdon thought, tried not to lose his temper.
The Louvres were terribly dark, the ones that are usually lit.
SO AMAZINGLY, REPLACED THE REGULAR WHITE LIGHTS COMING UP FROM THE TOP WITH THE OVERFLOWING
Place by light and light, there was a dark red glow that looked like it was rising upward from the billboards - intermittent patches of red light streaming across the floors As Langdon peered down the dark passageway, he realized what he should have expected
Spotlight Since virtually all the big galleries use no - thoughtfully set, harmless dimming lights, members of the guard crew were able to wander the hallways and halls, while the paintings were kept in relative darkness to slow down the effects of the harmful color fading caused by excessive exposure, and the museum carried a sense of hospitality: there were shadows and imaginations crawling all over the place. And domed ceilings, the height of which normally rises, looked like a black low from here, "said Fash, turning sharply to the right past a bunch of halls.
Width connected from the inside.
We do not count, and his gaze adjusts to Sheena, and we turn to darkness. And all around it it started.
The big oil paintings are photographic in front of him in a huge darkroom. Her eyes follow him as they drag you through the rooms.
The air is richer than carbon - this air comes from dehumidifying industrial devices with charcoal filters, running around the clock to neutralize the sharp impact of carbon dioxide that visitors exhale, and the video cameras hanging on top of the walls. It sends a message to visitors saying, Don't touch anything; we see any of them real?, Langdon asked, referring to the cameras. Fash rattled his head, denying, of course.
Allah.
Lem interred with Langdon. Camera surveillance, in a museum this size, was
A woman too expensive and too useless. Given the large areas of galleries that must be monitored, the Louvre may require a few pieces of technology just to perform data analysis, most major museums now use a "security by detention" system, which is based on the principle: do not try to block thieves outside, but keep them inside. The system operates after visiting hours, and if a thief attempts to remove a piece of art, there will be fewer, fragmented exits around the entire gallery, and the city will find itself inside the bars even before the police arrive
The reverberation of sounds from above spread along the marble passage.
The noise was coming from a room inside a deep cavity, which lay forward to the right. A bright light leaked from the room towards the aisle.
With his relatives and Fash from the hollow room, Langdon had a short entrance at the bottom
He leads to the Sunir desk, made of dark wood, showing original ancient paintings and a large, fat, ancient writing table with a two-foot-tall, fully armored knight pattern poured into it. A number of policemen were in her room, pounding her back and forth, talking over the phone and taking notes. One of them was sitting in Sunyer's chair opposite his desk writing on a laptop. It seems the Value Office has turned this evening into the operation room of the Judicial Police, Club Fl in French to... gentlemen.
For circumstances, okay?
Langdon has many "please do not disturb" signs on the doors of the hotel room.
So that he could understand the meaning of Fash's instructions. Langdon and Fish must not be disturbed, whatever.
Swearing.
As soon as they left the gathering of agents gathered behind, Fash led Langdon down the entrance
The Intrepid, two thirds yards forward, featured the entrance to the most popular section of the Louvre's Grand Gallery, a seemingly endless passage of the Louvre's mortal works. Langdon realized that this is where Sauniere's body lay, the famous wooden Grand Gallery floor was as clear as the sun in the photograph. Phytography
As we approached Langdon, the entrance was blocked by a huge steel barrier
Rods that seemed to be a device used in medieval castles to keep away thieves, security by confinement, "Fash said as they approached the barricade.
Even in this dark, the barricade looked as if he could hold a tank.
On arrival at the outside side of the entrance, Langdon looked carefully through the bars
"To the cavities of the Grand Gallery, which were illuminated by dim lights after you, Mr. Langdon," Fash said.
She met Langdon, after me. Where?
Fash pointed to the ground at the base of the bulkhead.
Looking down, Langdon did not notice because of the blackout that the barrier was raised from
The land is roughly two peaks, allowing for a difficult passage under it. This area is still off limits to museum staff, Fash said.
My team from the Police Tech and Science Department just investigated it, then pointed to the hole and said, "Who?" Please, slide under it.
Langdon was right in the narrow crawl space at his feet and then stared back at the bulkhead
The giant iron up there, he's kidding, right? The barricade looked like a guillotine getting ready to cut off a thief 's head
Fash muttered something in French, looked at his watch, got down on his knees and slipped with his big body.
Under the bulkhead. At the other end he stood up and looked through the bars at Langdon, gasping his hands on the polished floor, lying on his stomach and pushing
With his body forward, as he was sliding under the bulkhead, the dome of his Harris jacket got stuck under the bulkhead, and the back of his head hit the iron.
So sweet of you, Rupert, he said to himself, all confused and then finally pulling himself out.
To the other end. And when he stood up, Langdon was starting to have a feeling this was going to be a very long night