chapter53

Mr. Vernet, the night manager of the Zurich Bank of Deposits was relieved to hear the voice of a president.
The bank is on the phone.
". Where did you go, Sir? The police are here and everyone is waiting for you."
I am having a simple problem, "said the president, very annoying. I need"
To help you right away.
What you're facing now is a lot more than a small problem, the manager thought. It was the only thing I could do.
She completely surrounded the bank and threatened to bring in the captain of the judicial police, denying him." How can I help you, Sir? The armored truck with number three. I have to find her.
"The director examines with surprise the delivery schedule. It's down here at the loading dock.
Actually, she's not here. The two people being chased by the police stole the van.
What? How did they get out of the bank?"
I can't discuss details over the phone, but we have a delicate situation here that can be amusing.
On the reputation of the bank.
What do you want me to do, Sir?
I want you to turn off the emergency radar in that truck.
The manager looked at the control box at the back of the room. It was every single one of them.
Bank armored trucks, and many other armored trucks, are equipped with a remote transmitter that can be assigned from the bank. The director used this emergency system only once. During a burglary, the system worked successfully locating the truck and sending
The coordinates to the competent authorities are automatic, but Meyer S. has a shady location this night, and the president has been somewhat discreet.
Something about that. Sir, you're aware that if I shut down the emergency system,
The radar sends a signal back to the police telling them we're having a problem with Vernet's silence for a few moments. You know, I know that. Do what I told you anyway.
Number three. I'll wait on the line. I want to know exactly where that truck is as soon as he gets there.
Right away, Sir.
Thirty minutes later, forty kilometers away, hidden under the truck.
The armoire, a small transmitter came back to life, flashing with a light.