trouble

"Miss Williams, you're late. Very late, in fact I heard you missed first period?" Her squeaky voice was like a harsh screech exploding in my eardrum. I pulled my lips into a confident smile, my eyes twinkling with mischief as I turned to the teacher.

"Am I late or is everyone else early?" I muse with a shrug, plastering a thoughtful expression on my face.

"You're late," she retorts stiffly.

"Am I?"

"Yes."

"I thought that 10am was more of a suggestion rather than a definite time."

"That's your excuse for bursting in 20 minutes late?"

"Exactly!" I shoot her a grateful smile, "I'm glad that we're on the same page."

"We're really not."

"Really?"

"Miss Williams, this is highly inappropriate."

"Inappropriate? What's inappropriate is that I've been shipped miles from my home to this weird school where everyone seems to have staring problems," i direct my last comment at the crowd of onlookers in front of us.

"We don't need to know your whole life story, Miss Williams," she states grimly.

"I know you don't but I've had a rough morning wondering around this maze of a school and don't even get me started on the four hour  train journey before where I was sat beside a man who smelt like cat pee."

A few chuckles spread across the room and I finally notice the pairs of beady eyes staring my way.

"Your not very funny Miss Williams, do i look amused?" Mrs Logans responded firmly, giving me a slight shake of her head.

"I wasn't trying to be funny. I was trying to explain my strenuous journey so you could understand my view," i smile sarcastically, fiddling with the pendant of my necklace.

A scoff erupts from her throat, her grey hair swishing with movement. 

"maybe we should continue class now?" I shrug, poking my tongue into my cheek with a cheeky smile. She looks unimpressed.

"Sit down Miss Williams." She replies firmly.

I release a soft sight of disappointment.

Reluctantly, I swivel around to face the thirty pairs of eyes on me. I give the door one last longing gaze before regaining myself and continuing forward.

woman up, elsie. c'mon.

I hear a cough as I approach the first vacant seat so I rotate my stiff body to the left and see a boy. My breath was practically stolen from my lungs by the extremely attractive guy sat beside me. 

If everyone looked like this at this school I would survive just fine.

He had a mop of fluffy chestnut hair that flopped on his forehead, a strong muscular build. My eyes devoured his chiseled physique in awe, the defined muscled rippled with every movement. 

His eyes were a pale green, his lips were stretched into a wide grin and he had freckles splattered across his nose. He was tall as well, his legs looked like you could run a marathon up  them and were folded uncomfortably under the desk. 

"Enjoying the view?" he smirks. I roll my eyes, obviously the hot specimen in front of me has to be a cocky asshole. 

"Oh shit sorry, was I staring? I've just never seen someone quite as ugly as you," I retort sarcastically, shooting him a glare.