mexico

My alcohol clouded mind made me crave her so bad. I wanted Elsie and she was supposed to be with me. So where the fuck was she?

As soon as I found her, I was going to plant her ass on my lap and attack my favourite puffy pink lips with kisses.

I had recently realised that I had separation anxiety when it came to my blonde-haired devilish wife. And it seemed The Nick Extravaganza only increased my unbearable need for her. The thoughts about her were driving me crazy. It was like an itch that I couldn't scratch.

My footsteps were somewhat wobbly as I made my way through hundreds of dancing bodies. I barely dodged a conga train of intoxicated teenagers and a couple sharing saliva against the cream wall on my left. Adrenaline shot through my veins as I searched the room for Elsie, each blonde head sent waves of relief through me until I realised it was not my golden-haired girl. One room after another and there was still no sign of her. Huffing in annoyance, I asked people if they had seen her and their clueless shrugs made my blood pressure spike.

"Do you know where Elsie is?" I asked a group of slightly younger boys. "Real pretty girl. Tiny. Blonde. Green eyes. Nice lips. Peachy ass. Have you seen her?"

They all shook their heads.

I recklessly shoved past a group of wailing girls that were chugging shot after shot and headed for the crooked white door. The door shrieked in anguish as it opened and I gingerly peered inside. My nose wrinkled in disgust at the horrific beer stench but I didn't walk away. A certain noise caught my attention. If I narrowed my eyes, I could just about see two figures; one skinny, feminine frame and a taller bulkier boy. The girl was wearing a ruffled white skirt and some strapless top and her straight hair cascaded over her shoulders. The man wore dark blue jeans and a fitted black tshirt.

"What?" A soft voice asked as she fisted her companion's shirt and tugged him towards her. His body crashed against hers and with movements as grace as a fucking swan, she swooped her slender arm around his neck.

I recognised her voice. It was tender and kind and sparked something in the back of my mind.

The man stiffened against her gentle touch. "I have to go."

"Why?" The girl's voice quivered.

"Don't ask questions that you don't want to know the answer to, Strawberry." His voice flashed with something sardonic. "I'll talk to you later, I promise. But for now, I have to go do something."

Unease settled at the pit of my stomach as I silently watched their interaction.

"Go do what?" The girl's voice fractured with hysteria. "Please, just talk to me." She fiddled nervously with her bracelets. "What were you doing earlier? Those pictures you took... what were they for?"

"I already told you." The man huffed, shuffling out of her grasp. "They were for my friend out of school. He asked how the party was going."

"B-but.." her despairing voice died on her tongue and I felt a pang of sympathy hit me.

"I'll see you later. Okay, baby?" His stern voice asked as his hand grazed the doorknob.

"Y-yeah." She sniffled, clearly wrestling to get a handle of her emotions. "Yeah, okay."

The man nodded, satisfied with his girlfriend's downcast agreement and disappeared through the front door in a matter of seconds. The girl dabbed the pad of her thumb against the inner corner of her eyes and blew out a shaky breath.