newly engaged

"SHUT THE FUCK UP, WHY DID THEY KILL FINNICK?" I gasp, all of my heartstrings tugged from binging the Hunger Games films.

Finnick Odair (my man) deserved so much better.

I don't think I'll ever forget Lucas and I's violent sobbing when they killed him off, my eyes were as good as puff pastry after that.

Blotchy face and tear stained cheeks, but Finnick was worth it.

"it was so unnecessary!" Lia scowled, snuggling closer beside me in her bed. I nod enthusiastically in agreement, before resting my chin on Lia's curtain of coppery locks.

This was my last morning as a free woman, without the weight of a sparkly diamond on my finger.

"president snow is public enemy number 1," val hissed, "just wait until he figures out that heat melts snow. I'm fucking hot and I'm coming for his frosty ass."

I stifle a snort at val's threats, Lia's body vibrating as she snickers beside me.

"stop talking about it before i ball my eyes out again," Lucas hiccups, wiping his puffy eyes.

"next film series to watch is Harry Potter, so let's get cosy!" Lia beams, fiddling with the remote.

I sigh silently, accepting my fate, "i think that's my queue to leave."

Lucas rolls his eyebrows playfully, "oh yeah, our girl's got a date with her hot roommate boyfriend."

I fought the sarcastic laugh threatening to tumble from my lips. If only he knew the whole story.

"stay jealous, single pringle," I tease, sticking out my tongue to Lucas' displeased face.

"REMEMBER! SAFE SEX IS GREAT SEX!" Val yells abruptly, bursting my eardrums, "unless you want to bring home a little Elsie because I would be the best auntie ever!"

My eyes crinkle as I chuckle, forcing my body to exit the comfy, warm realms of Lia's bed.

"What? Just offering some safety precautions!" She snickers.

"Bye loser!" Lucas yells from his spot on the beanbag. I offer him a small smile, my mind plagued with worries about tonight.

...

My phone vibrated in my pocket, messages from Grayson clouding my home screen.

Grayson: hey sweetheart

Grayson: it's the hottest guy you've ever seen

Grayson: and the best kisser.

I roll my eyes at his message.

Elsie: Noah?

Elsie: Jackson?

Grayson replies almost immediately.

Grayson: fuck you

Elsie: no thanks

Elsie: keep dreaming though

Grayson: I hate you

Grayson: hurry up I'm waiting

Elsie: be patient

Grayson: no

I sigh reluctantly. he had the patience of an ant.

I was merely around the corner from where he awaited with his car.

With a huff, I continued strolling towards Grayson's muscled silhouette. He was leaning against the wall, his eyes trained on his phone. He wore black fitted dress pants and a black shirt, a few buttons undone, teasing me off his tanned chest and muscled figure. A chain hung loosely around his neck, and his fingers clad with rings. His hair was flopping on his forehead in messy curls.