dancing in the rain

"Lets just say it's been a long week," i mutter to Nick as we enter the club.

The distinct smell of alcohol engulfs me. The dimly lit space adorned with vibrant lights that casted a mesmerising glow on the dance floor. Swaying bodies were scattered around, all dressed in revealing outfits and shiny jewellery. The bass reverberates through the floor, adding to the electrifying ambience.

"How come?" Nick yells over the loud music.

"My roomie," I respond dryly and he gives me a knowing look. 

All week, It had been pointless bickering - she purposely pissed me off, I teased her in retaliation. She insulted me, I flirted with her. She did this, I did that. It was a never ending cycle.

But, the exasperated look on her face when I annoy her is priceless. 

The marriage thing marked an end to any friendship we had formed and nowadays, the arguing is the only way she actually speaks to me. 

I just need to fix things with her annoying ass.

"Ah, look who it is." Nick nods towards a dancing figure, her small shape wore a wine red dress, it latched on to her curves and didn't leave much to the imagination.  Waves of golden hair cascaded down her back and her face was highlighted in the flashing lights.

Her.

"ELSIE!" Aaron shrieked, immediately running up to her, tossing her body over his shoulder and spinning her around in rhythm to the music. Her lips parted in a shocked yell that morphed into her pretty laugh.

"Put me down you idiot!" She giggled, smacking him lightly on the back as he placed her back to the floor.

"Aaah my BFGs!" She squealed, a smile blessing her face as she turned to face Nick and Ryder too. 

A pant of red hot jealously sparked somewhere deep inside of me at my lack of a greeting.

"Nick! Thank god you're here!" She smirked, " you need to tutor this dummy in english!" She tilts her head to Ryder as a deep chuckle escapes his lips.

"Fuck off, trouble," he grinned, "Nick - is blue an adjective?"

"IT IS!" Elsie yells, taking a long sip of a dark liquid.

"NO ITS NOT!" Ryder gasps, slinging an arm over her shoulder lazily.

Nick's mouth opens and closes incredulously, "Ryder,  you numpty. Of course blue is an adjective!" 

"What. The. Fuck." Ryder responds, offering Elsie  a horrified look to which she grins triumphantly.

"Isn't blu that bird in the film Rio?" Aaron questions after a pause, his whole face crumpled in confusion.

Nick, Ryder and Elsie all burst into a fit of laughter at Aaron's random confusion.

...

Nick's with Ryder speaking to some girls they met and Aaron is swallowing some girl's face right now. I approach the bar slowly, in dire need of some form of alcohol to take the edge off of everything.

I could spot her from a mile away, her short body making its way toward a specific bartender. She leans forward, pressing her ass out for the hungry dipshits behind her to enjoy. She whispers words into his ear, a smile teasing his lips at whatever she just said, a pink hue coating her cheeks.

The spark of envy from before is replaced with searing flames of jealousy, flickering red and orange and leaving me in a frustrated haze. 

I grab the nearest vacated drink, shove it down my throat, welcoming the harsh burning sensation as I walk up to the bar. Elsie had skipped off to her friends which gave me the crucial opportunity to have a word with the bartender.