1- And You Did It At My Birthday Dinner!

WILL POV-

---- March 22nd 4:54 PM ----

"All our rockers and hard-core skaters, off the rink unless you're looking for love," the speaker began "It's time for the couples' skate." The colours of the roller rink changed, the once bright yellows and blues replaced by a deep red, symbolising love and deep passion.

This was when Will's day got worse.

He couldn't say he was enjoying himself before, but right now, he hated all of it. Initially, he thought it would be fun to go to the roller-skating rink, he loved skating despite only going a few times before; he always fell but that was part of the fun; perhaps leaving with a few bruises were customary. It was also a change from spending the entire day in Mike's basement; sure, Will loved his basement but at a certain point he also wanted to go out like other kids his age did. That's why they were here.

A side point of being in public was that he hoped his friends wouldn't be constantly interested in their significant other, however it seemed as though the brunette had made a fatal error by bringing them skating. Now they were only glued to each other's side, worried the other might fall despite being on many dates to the roller rink before; it was one of the only fun dating trips to do in Hawkins; it was either this, bowling, the mall, or to make-out at Lovers Lake.

The rink was nicely decorated at least; it felt very 80's, even the songs they played came from the 80's. Will couldn't complain, the songs were damn good but still...

The party had to sit between two tables, and obviously, as if by some unlucky dip, he was forced to sit on the table with El and Mike. He wasn't annoyed because he hated seeing El and Mike happy. He loved El like a sister, nor was it the fact that he had a crush on Mike. It's just... they were always making out; it gets sickening to watch. Like a mama bird feeding her chicks it's... something that should be private. Will wished he could wash his eyes with only the strongest of bleach.

The brunette couldn't help but feel like an outsider in his own friend group, being the only one 'stuck in the past' and without a girlfriend, he felt his joy begin to wane. He did a few laps of the track but started to get bored when his friends quickly lost interest sitting on the side, jokingly flirting with one another.

When the announcement for the couples' dance emerged all his friends got up immediately rushing to the skating floor,

"Hey Will," Mike called as he stood up from his seat, his fingers intertwined with El's, helping her up, "Could you watch our stuff for a bit?"

The small boy forced a smile, his voice carrying a hint of sorrow as he replied, "Sure, no problem."

"Thanks man," the ravenette exclaimed; his attention then turning to the doe-eyed girl, "Come on El!"

He was the third wheel, and he knew it, his only job was to watch the happy couples skate on the track. Max and Lucas sprinted to the front; despite their competitive nature, they held hands swaying together in perfect harmony, gliding across the track.

Suzie and Dustin, despite their clumsy approach to roller-skating eventually got the hang of it, able to go a full minute without falling, sharing laughter in those intimate moments. They held a tight grip with one another, falling in unison yet always picking each other back up.