11- Don't Throw Books

WILL POV-

---- 6:03 PM ----

The brunette bubbled with confusion and a hint of anger; a few minutes passed from the previous revelation the girls had imparted before leaving, assuming Will wanted to spend time with his 'girlfriend'. The small boy sat in the breakroom of the Scoops Ahoy parlour. Steve now worked behind the counter while Robin talked to Will, suggesting a whole plethora of reasons why Mike didn't tell him about D&D night,

"There could be several reasons: maybe the meet got cancelled and he decided to do one last minute... or maybe he wanted a smaller group this time; or maybe he thought you were hanging out with me!"

"I thought about all of those, but he's never done this before, Mike's always invited me. And if it was back on, why didn't he even send a text? somehow the message reached everyone but me!"

"True, true, or maybe, just maybe he was planning a surprise for you; like your birthday or something," The blue-eyed girl suggested, grasping at straws as she knew how important D&D was to the small boy.

The brunette scrunched his face, deadpanning "My birthday was last week, remember."

"Oh yeah," Robin nervously chuckled. "Why don't you text one of your other friends, ask them about it?"

"Oh, of course," Will muttered, a little scatter-brained after the revelation of what he just heard. Instantly, he took his phone out his pocket; deciding to text Lucas, who always promptly replied.

-----

DIRECT MESSAGE; LUCAS 🏀

LUCAS!

Are you at D&D night?

Yh, we are rn!

Mike said you weren't feeling well 🙁

D&D is better with you

Mike's campaigns are always the same

Hope you get better

Yh thx

Feeling better

-------

"Max was right!" the brunette furrowed his brows, "Lucas is there right now! Mike lied to them saying I was sick! We talked in school; he knows for a fact I'm not sick!"

"Shit! I'm gonna kill Wheeler next time I see him!" Robin sighed,

"Not if I get him first!" he mumbled under his breath. "He told me he was sick so he had to cancel the meet and then he lies telling everyone I'm the one who is sick!"

"Call him!" The blue-eyed girl announced slapping a hand against the table, "Call him right now and pretend to 'check up' on him and ask him questions till he confesses!"

The brunette took a deep sigh, switching to the phone app ready to call the ravenette; he didn't know what to say but mustered the courage as his finger hovered over the call button, pressing it. The dial rung for a few seconds. Will waited in anticipation as the phone was answered.