4- Sore Loser

WILL POV-

Mike watched as Will and Robin moved over to the 'Donkey-Kong' arcade cabinet; the blue-eyed girl proclaiming she was the best at retro games. Mike would have debated her, but he was watching El still play (and failing) at Pac-Man, she wasn't bad at arcade games, she just wasn't the best at 'Pac-Man' and refused to move on.

Robin hunched over the cabinet of 'Donkey-Kong' completing each stage with ease, memorising the moves on screen; she's lived in this town forever and played this game multiple times when she was merely a young child; advancing to high levels even then. Will was determined to get back at Robin for his previous loss, leaning in and whispering something funny in an attempt to get her to lose focus,

"You know when I was little, I had a crush on 'Buzz' from 'Toy Story'," he divulged a very true story about himself, wanting to get some sort of reaction and make her lose attention from the screen.

However, Robin was unfazed, chuckling at the thought but honestly, she could tell that the brunette would have had that crush. She continued playing with precision, pressing buttons and flicking the joystick to move her way around the screen. But when Will saw how good she was, asked, "Holy moly! I thought you said you didn't go to the arcade often?"

"Yeah, I don't!" she answered, taking a quick breath, repeatedly clicking the jump button, "'Donkey Kong' was my favourite as a kid!" she paused, "That and 'Mortal Combat'." she shrugged.

Will watched intently, attempting to visually memorise her moves so he could be as good next time he played; mentally stealing her move sets so he could get to her level.

Yet as she played, the rest of the party except for El and Mike who were still playing Pac-man huddled around Robin. Max placed a hand on her back, unable to hide her excitement as she cheered, "Holy shit! You got this!" she said, telling the blue-eyed girl when to jump and move despite Robin happily doing fine on her own.

Suzie joined in with the encouragement, "You're on fire girl!" trying to match the redhead's way of talking.

Dustin enthusiastically chimed in, a genuine smile spreading across his face, "You're like the queen of 'Donkey Kong'; you might even beat Mike's record!"

Amongst the shouting of cheers, Lucas placed an arm over Will with a bright grin, "Will, dude! You chose a good first girlfriend. She's passing the first test!"

"There's tests she has to pass now?" The small boy sarcastically quipped.

"Of course!" the athletic boy pondered for a mere moment, "We only need the best for our Will."

"Oh, is that right?" The brunette laughed.

Lucas nodded, pausing for a second before chiming with a whisper, "If your girlfriend was 'bitchy', Max said she was ready to throw hands with her." he chuckled.

El finally gave up on 'Pac-Man', dragging Mike with her to the rest of the party to see the source of all the commotion that she could hear while she was playing.

Will's smile broadened for multiple reasons, satisfied that his plan to fake-date Robin was working seamlessly. They all seemed to like her and get along easily; if she was a year younger, she may have fit perfectly into the party.