26- Cookie Clicker

WILL POV-

---- 9:32 PM ----

Somehow, during the events of everything that had occurred, the brunette managed to fall asleep in his spot; probably due to all his exhaustion. In these past few days Will had no sleep: with the drunken kiss, Mike's clinginess and his confession, he was sleep deprived and tired of everything; leaving him both mentally and physically drained.

He was exhausted, falling into a deep slumber with only his snoring filling the room, a testament to the fatigue surrounding him.

But a second sound filled the room, jolting him up; not again! Would no one allow him to sleep in peace? He covered his ears, drowning the sound out. Hopefully someone would answer the door, but then realising that he was the only one at home at this current moment in time, he groaned.

He wanted to ignore the sounds, but they only grew louder and reverberated through his bones. He whined; the pounding sounds mixing with the drumbeat of heavy rain outside; not even knowing of the weather change.

"Who comes here in this weather?" he groaned, sitting up, casting a sleep-fogged gaze around the room; he was all alone on this stormy night; when did it even start raining?

Summoning whatever strength he had left, the brunette reluctantly pulled himself out of bed making his way to the front door, the pounding increased, and the rain hammered against the window, "Someone better be dead with all this knocking!" he complained,

When he finally flung the door open, a mixture of mist and cold air wacked him in the face sending a shiver through his entire body; it was cold and stinging. There, standing in its downpour was Mike, soaked head to toe, his hair clinging to his forehead with a hood over his head and a plastic bag in his hand.

Suddenly, the brunette's face felt warmer as he noticed the expression on Mike's face; he wasn't angry or annoyed, rather he was smiling, like a beacon of light in this whirlwind.

Will raised his eyebrows with genuine surprise, watching as Mike presented the plastic bag holding it out to Will, stammering his reason for being here, "I just, wanted to give you your cookie, you didn't take it earlier and I brought it especially for you and- yeah." Mike said, his voice shaky yet sincere.

A soft giggle escaped Will's lips, "You went through the rain to give me a cookie?" he asked, tilting his head as a smile tugged the corner of his mouth, almost forgetting what happened earlier in the day.

Mike's grinned widened as he nodded, "Yeah, I did. I figured you'd still want it; I mean... I know how much you like them after all."

"Oh, thanks; you didn't have too though..." The brunette uttered, accepting the bag with a timid grin.

"But I wanted to." Mike smiled as a heavy silence clouded them; neither knew what to say; the situation was awkward. But Mike, realising he would need to be the first to speak, spoke, "Umm, anyways, I'm, um gonna get going; I don't think you'd want to see me for long, after... you know?" he chuckled, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck,

Will, still feeling a bit overwhelmed by the recent turn of events, didn't want Mike to leave. He knew they needed to talk about everything that happened, and... he couldn't let Mike go back out, not out in that storm. "Mike?" Will said, his voice soft, "You don't have to leave. I appreciate the cookie, and, umm... I'm glad you're here actually." he admitted,