Chapter Twenty-Six

Someone was kissing her neck.

Very nicely.

Celia sighed, her eyes slowly opening as Selig's voice came soft in her ear, "Wake up, sleepyhead."

"Mmmm..." She stretched, then bunched her pillow under her cheek as she peered at him over one shoulder. "I don't want to. I was having the most wonderful dream."

"Do tell," he whispered, kissing her shoulder, moving toward the middle of her back.

"I was at this beautiful waterfall with this hot guy..." She couldn't hold back her sigh as he kissed his way along her spine and into the dip of her lower back. "Oh, that feels nice..."

"What were you doing with this hot guy?" he asked, coming back up and stretching out beside her.

She smiled as he slid his arms around her to pull her against his chest. "We were making love..."

"What did he look like?"

She shivered as his fingertips brushed her stomach. "He was tall, dark, and handsome, with blue eyes. Blue with hints of green in them. And get this, he could do magic."

"Really? Like this?" Selig waved his hand and a swarm of glittering, purple butterflies filled the air.

"Yes!" She rolled onto her back to gaze up at him. He looked almost edible, his eyes still a little heavy-lidded, his hair a tousled jumble of thick black waves. She was under the covers, but he wasn't, and she was pretty sure boxer briefs never looked better than they did on him.

"Sounds like a pretty impressive guy. I bet he was built, too. Like a solider might be. A member of the Royal Guard, in fact."

"He wasn't half bad."

"And he probably has a huge co-"

"Selig!" She poked him in the belly.

"What?" A mischievous gleam shone in his eyes. "You don't think so?"

"I hadn't noticed one way or another."

"Liar. Your eyes almost shot right out of their sockets the first time you saw me naked and you know it."

"How do you know?" Her cheeks grew warm, but she refused to give him the satisfaction of admitting just how impressive he really was. "You were trashed that night."

"I wasn't that trashed, sweetheart. I remember everything about that night." He grinned. "And you're blushing."

"No, I'm not."

"Uh-huh. It's all right, Ce. You can admit it. You wouldn't be the first."

Her smile faded as she glared at him. "Excuse me?"

Now it was his turn to blush. "Yeah, I should've kept that to myself."

"Yeah. You should've." She rolled away, bunching the pillows once more. It was stupid, but she didn't want to be reminded that other women had seen him naked and probably had been every bit as impressed as she was. Damn it. She hated jealousy. It was such a stupid, useless emotion.

But at the same time, it lingered there. Other women, probably women who'd been at their engagement ball last night, had seen him naked and had his hands on their bodies. His hands. His lips. His tongue. His-

Ugh. She hated her own mind sometimes.

She squeezed her eyes shut. Those same women probably had him sighing their names, calling them beautiful girl, as they made him co-

Damn it, knock it off, brain.

"I'm sorry, Ce," he said, brushing her hair away from her face, back over her left ear. "That was a real jackass thing to say. I don't know what I was thinking."