Chapter 32: Madara's Secret Mission

Eight years ago

Madara was running through the forest at a fast pace. He landed in front of his destination. a segregated cabin within the woods. The cabin was nestled in a clearing in the forest, surrounded by towering pines and maples. The sun was setting, casting a golden glow over the trees and the sparkling lake in the distance. He took a moment to catch his breath, feeling the adrenaline coursing through his veins. knocked on the wooden door and waited for a response. Not long after, the door swung open.

Miyako stood in the doorway of the cabin, her tall, straight pink hair tied up in a messy bun. Her blue eyes sparkled in the fading sunlight as she watched Madara approach through the trees.

"It looks like you've finally made it, Madara," she said, her voice soft and gentle.

She stepped aside to let him in, and he took a deep breath of the familiar scent of aged wood and the crackling of the fireplace.

"I plan on staying for a while," he said, his voice rough and husky. "Hopefully not too long."

Miyako closed the door behind her and turned to face Madara. "Alright, then would you like some tea? I just finished brewing a pot." Her voice was warm and inviting, and her blue eyes sparkled with anticipation.

"That would be great; thank you," he said, his heart softening at the sight of her. He followed her into the cozy living room, his eyes taking in the familiar sights and smells. The worn-out armchairs and bookshelves filled with memories brought back a flood of emotions. He could almost taste the sweet smell of cinnamon cookies baking in the oven and hear the sound of his brothers' laughter echoing through the halls.

Miyako had been a childhood friend of Madara and his brothers. Their families were close to one another, and when war broke out between the Senjus and the Uchihas, Madara's father would have them retreat back to this very cabin and hide out from the Senjus until the coast was clear.

Madara had spent many happy days in this cabin, and it was a place where he always felt safe and loved. Now, after years of war and loss and establishing the hidden leaf village along with Hashirma, he has finally come back.

Miyako led him to the fireplace and gestured to one of the armchairs. "Please, have a seat. I'll be right back with the tea."

Madara sat down and leaned back in the armchair, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath. He could feel the tension in his shoulders easing as he relaxed into the familiar surroundings.

A few minutes later, Miyako returned with a tray of tea and two cups. She set the tray down on the coffee table and handed one of the cups to Madara. "Here you go," she said, her voice soft and gentle. "Enjoy."

Madara took a sip of the tea and smiled. It was the perfect blend of sweetness and bitterness, just the way he liked it.

"Thank you," he said. "This is delicious."

They sat in silence for a while, sipping their tea and enjoying each other's company. Madara felt a sense of peace and contentment that he hadn't experienced in a long time.

Miyako placed her cup of tea down on the table between them, her movements slow and deliberate. She leaned forward in her chair, her blue eyes fixed on Madara's face. "So, explain to me exactly what's going on," she said, her voice soft but insistent.

Madara placed his cup down as well, meeting her gaze. "I'm looking for a village," he said, his voice quiet and determined.

Miyako raised an eyebrow. "A village? But didn't you and Hashirama just establish one? What did you two name it again?"

"The Hidden Leaf," he said.

"Yeah, that's it," she said, nodding slowly. "So why are you looking for another village?"

Madara didn't answer right away. He stared at his cup of tea, his brow furrowed in thought. Finally, he looked up at Miyako and said, It's a village that's supposed to have started within the land of springs.

Miyako's expression turned serious. "Alright then, what exactly is it that you are looking for from this village?" she asked, her voice sharp and probing. "Does it even exist?"

Madara hesitated for a moment, then said, "I'm not entirely sure, but there are rumors of this place existing."

Miyako narrowed her eyes. "Well, the rumors must be more than this village just waiting for you to come all the way here to try and find it."

Madara sighed. "You're right. I'm mainly looking for this village because, according to the residents, it involves the Cilvia clan."

Miyako's eyes widened in surprise. "The Cilvia clan? I thought they were almost wiped out during the war between the Senjus and Uchiha and that your girlfriend was the last remaining member of the clan."

Madara nodded somberly. That's correct, but the Cilvia clan's hidden jujutsu being used is what concerns me. I've heard rumors that someone within the village has been practicing forbidden jutsu, and if it's true, it could pose a great threat to the peace we've worked so hard to achieve."

Miyako walked over to the fireplace and stood with her back to Madara. She stared at the flickering flames, her thoughts racing.

"Madara," she said finally, her voice soft and hesitant. "I don't want to discourage you, but I'm afraid this village you're looking for may just be a myth."

Miyako's expression turned serious. "If that's the case, then finding this village and stopping whoever is using the Cilvia clan's jutsu becomes even more crucial.

Miyako sat across from Madara at the table, her eyes narrowed in concern. "Does Yuno know of this?" she asked.

Madara shook his head, his jaw clenched tight. "No, I haven't told her."

"And Hashirama?" Miyako pressed.

Madara hesitated. "No, I haven't told him either."

Miyako's lips pursed into a thin line. "Madara," she said sternly, "something like this shouldn't be kept to yourself. Yuno should definitely be involved. It's her clan."

Madara leaned forward, his elbows resting on the table. "I know," he said. "But I don't want to worry her until I know more. And I didn't want to tell you either, because I don't want to put you at risk."

Miyako picked up her teacup and took a sip, her gaze fixed on Madara. "I understand your concerns," she said. "But as much as you could do this alone. You need to tell someone."

Madara sighed heavily. "I know," he said. "But I'm not sure yet who's involved in this. It's clear that someone is trying to use the abilities of the Cilvlia clan and I don't want to do anything that might put Yuno in danger."

Miyako placed her teacup back on the table. "Madara," she said gently, "Yuno is a strong and capable woman. She can handle whatever comes her way. And she deserves to know what's happening with conflicts involving her clan."

Madara met Miyako's gaze, his eyes filled with determination. "I will tell her," he said. "Just not yet."

Miyako nodded. "Very well," she said. "But promise me that you'll tell her as soon as you know more."

"I promise," Madara said.

Miyako stood up and walked around the table to Madara. She placed her hand on his shoulder and looked into his eyes. "Be careful, Madara," she said. "I'm sure Yuno wouldn't want to lose you."

Madara smiled faintly. "I will," he said. "I promise."

Miyako turned and walked away, leaving Madara alone at the tea table. He picked up his teacup and took a sip, but the taste of the tea was bitter in his mouth. His mind was racing, and he couldn't shake the feeling that he was in over his head.