twenty-two

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚ヾ◌

≈ https:// hiswife. com

‹ MiraaChe ‹ has posted a new chapter!- ͙۪۪̥˚

┊❛ welcome to chapter twenty-two❜┊˚ ͙۪۪̥◌

✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚ヾ◌

"Harry James Potter! You scared me to death!" Rosabelle's face contorted with concern as she dashed to the injured boy's bedside, post-battle with Tom Riddle.

Harry started to speak but decided against it as Rosabelle enveloped him in a tight hug, offering a comforting embrace that felt akin to a mother's warmth.

Eventually, Rosabelle released her hold, revealing her teary eyes and quivering lips. "Don't ever do that again!"

Harry glanced away, his emotions a jumbled mess. He wasn't accustomed to anyone caring for him in this way, so it felt unfamiliar yet strangely comforting. Rosabelle's genuine concern was slowly breaking down the barriers he'd built up over the years.

Seeing the uncertainty in Harry's eyes, Rosabelle wasted no time in pulling him into another tender hug, gently rubbing his back to offer comfort. Harry buried his face in the crook of her neck, and as silent tears fell, his small hands clutched at her dress.

Harry was frightened. After all, he was still just a child. Rosabelle had made a solemn vow to protect Harry Potter at all costs, even if it meant she had to sacrifice her own life – or rather, she was determined to ensure they both survived, no matter what it took.

Leaving Severus alone was not an option. The man would be utterly crushed without her. As would she. Rosabelle was sure she couldn't live without Severus; that's how much she loved him.

"Tom Riddle... was Voldemort," Harry choked out.

Rosabelle pressed her lips together and looked away, her own emotions swirling within.

"He... he mentioned you, Professor. You and Professor Snape. How you both were foolish and he intended to... to..." Harry's voice faltered, his distress palpable. What if Rosabelle became Voldemort's target? How would he handle it? He couldn't bear the thought of losing her, as he had no one else to care for him. She had become like a mother to him, and the idea of losing her was unbearable.

Rosabelle mustered a soft smile, "Kill us? He needs me, Harry. My bloodline has rejected him before and I will do the same thing."

Harry sniffed, "What does he want with you?"

Rosabelle shook her head, saying, "I have no idea, but all I recall is that he once threatened to kill Severus. Don't worry about me, Harry. Between Severus and me, we've got the wit to outsmart him," she declared resolutely.

Rosabelle sensed that the impending return of Voldemort was drawing near. She and Severus had been preparing for the final battle. They wouldn't let whatever happened to the Potters happen to their friends or them, for that matter.

Tenderly, Rosabelle cradled Harry's face, locking eyes with him as she said, "Harry, you've done exceptionally well. You and Ronald. Lily and James would be so proud of you. You're undoubtedly their son. I'm proud of both of you too."

Harry's lips quivered, and he burst into tears once more. Rosabelle embraced him again, gently stroking his hair to comfort him.