twenty-eight

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚ヾ◌

≈ https:// hiswife. com

‹ MiraaChe ‹ has posted a new chapter!- ͙۪۪̥˚

┊❛ welcome to chapter twenty-eight❜┊˚ ͙۪۪̥◌

✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚ヾ◌

Harry winced as a tall figure pushed him aside, not enough to cause harm but enough to tell them that their job here was done.

"Out. All of you."

Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Neville exchanged one last glance with the sleeping Rosabelle, who was under the effects of a sleeping potion administered by Madam Pomfrey to alleviate the intense pain she was experiencing. Hagrid lingered, offering a muttered apology, "I'm sorry, Snape. I didn't-"

Severus shot him a glare, silencing Hagrid. "Out."

Sighing, Hagrid reluctantly departed, leaving the two alone. Severus struggled to contain his anger.

Severus narrowed his eyes at the retreating figures before sighing. He drew the curtain around the bed, shielding them from prying eyes.

As his gaze fell upon his wife, his expression softened. Seating himself gently on the edge of her bed, his hand reached for her forehead, delicately brushing away strands of hair.

Her cheeks were pale, brows furrowed in apparent pain even in her slumber.

Severus placed his hand on her cold cheek, his thumb tracing the curve of her cheekbone. A sigh of relief escaped him as he felt the woman lean into his touch.

He lowered his gaze, examining her bandaged arm. The wound, a deep gash, was still seeping a bit of blood that had managed to stain the bandages.

Closing his eyes, Severus clenched his fist and drew in a deep breath, attempting to regain his composure.

"Oh, my love. You must stop putting yourself in danger," he whispered, his fingers tenderly caressing her cheeks.

Severus knew. He was aware that Rosabelle would save anyone, even a stranger, if they were in danger. He couldn't fathom the possibility of Voldemort returning and harming people. Would Rosabelle risk her life for them too? He wasn't fond of that idea.

Leaning in, he pressed a gentle kiss to her forehead before dragging another chair beside her bed. Abandoning his class upon hearing the news, he resolved to stay by her side until she recovered.

Before leaving, he instructed his class with the task of completing "a few" essays for him.

He mentally reminded himself to assign Draco Malfoy additional essays and detentions as well.

✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚ヾ◌

"Sev, I'm fine. Look!" Rosabelle smiled as she waved her arm around, eager to demonstrate her well-being.

Severus raised his brow and sighed, "No. Stop flapping your arm around and eat." He uttered, guiding a spoonful of porridge to her mouth.

He shook his head as he listened to his wife talking. It felt as if he was taking care of an excited child who couldn't seem to sit still. He had been strict to make sure she recovered fully. But, alas, having Rosabelle as his wife didn't make things easy for him. Severus could only chuckle.

He had been attending to her for the past few days, not allowing her to even hold a spoon. He was the one changing her bandages and feeding her healing potions. He vividly remembered Rosabelle doing the same for him when he was attacked by the three-headed Cerberus dog. He remembered her gentle touch and kisses. 

He even discouraged her students from visiting, asserting that their presence disrupted Rosabelle's recovery. However, being the kind-hearted person she was, Rosabelle welcomed them in.

Severus couldn't help but notice the absence of a particular boy who, despite being the cause of the incident, hadn't come to check on his wife.

"He will come find me later, Severus. Have faith in him," Rosabelle's voice brought him back to reality.

Severus sighed heavily. If it were up to him, he would have expelled the boy for hurting his wife. However, knowing Rosabelle, she would be furious if he did that. He had heard from Dumbledore that Lucius Malfoy was planning to do something with Buckbeak.

Initially, he would have sided with Lucius, but after listening to Rosabelle, deep in his heart, he knew it wasn't the creature's fault, nor Hagrid's.

If this didn't involve Rosabelle, he wouldn't have cared about what Lucius did to Buckbeak.