twenty-seven

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚ヾ◌

≈ https:// hiswife. com

‹ MiraaChe ‹ has posted a new chapter!- ͙۪۪̥˚

┊❛ welcome to chapter twenty-seven❜┊˚ ͙۪۪̥◌

A/N : Wow, I never updated a chapter this fast before :D

✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚ヾ◌

Rosabelle assisted Hagrid with his class, as he sought her help for his first time teaching, feeling nervous.

"Dementor! Dementor!" Draco Malfoy taunted Harry, just inches away from her.

Harry and some classmates turned around quickly, expecting Dementors, only to find nothing behind them. Draco and his friends burst into laughter.

Rosabelle shook her head, sighing. She had promised Narcissa Malfoy that she would look out for Draco. Despite their age difference, Rosabelle and Narcissa had been friends back in school, and Narcissa never treated her differently.

Lucius naturally disagreed with this, but how could he refuse when he knew firsthand that Rosabelle was, in fact, a brilliant and powerful witch? She could protect his son from danger. He could never admit that in front of her, though.

Rosabelle noticed that Draco enjoyed teasing Harry, but she overlooked it since it seemed harmless.

Draco cast a glance at the woman he regarded as his second mother. He had spent more time with her than with his own father. Rosabelle used to pamper him when he was a little kid, and in her eyes, he was still a little kid.

Draco was always by her side whenever Rosabelle visited his home. However, since Harry Potter entered her life, Draco felt as though the Chosen One had taken her away from him. He couldn't help but feel jealous, and that jealousy was a significant reason why he taunted and bullied Harry and his friends.

✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚ヾ◌

Rosabelle's smile widened upon hearing Harry's laughter as he soared through the sky on Buckbeak. The joy brought smiles to both Rosabelle and the entire class.

As Harry gracefully dismounted, the class erupted in cheers, with one exception—Draco, who cast a malicious glare.

Hagrid beamed, "Good work, Harry!"

Leaning down, he whispered to Harry and Rosabelle, "How'm I doin' on me firs' day?"

Harry grinned, "Brilliant... Professor."

Rosabelle chuckled and nodded as she affectionately patted Harry's messy hair, tousled from the exhilarating flight with Buckbeak.

Draco huffed, having grown weary of Rosabelle's attention toward Harry. He pushed past Harry roughly and strode toward Buckbeak.

"Give me a go at that thing. If Potter can do it, it must be easy. You're not dangerous at all, are you, you great ugly brute—" Draco taunted Buckbeak.

Hagrid tried to stop the boy, "Malfoy! No!"

Rosabelle's eyes widened, and instinctively, her body moved in front of Draco, shielding him from Buckbeak's slashing. Draco closed his eyes, waiting for the pain to come.

Everything was silent until Draco opened his eyes. He gasped in horror when he looked down and saw Rosabelle on the ground, grunting in pain as she held her bloodied arms. Blood poured out quickly, making Draco freeze in place.

Oh, what had he done to her?

Hermione, Ron, Neville, and Hagrid quickly tended to Rosabelle's wound, while Harry dashed forward. Buckbeak whipped around, raised its talons, and, upon seeing Harry, lowered them and ducked its beak.

"No! No! What have I done? Professor—" Draco's voice quivered in panic.

Hagrid raised his voice, "Calm yerself!"

Neville's trembling hand gently raised Rosabelle's arm to examine the wound. They frowned upon seeing a deep gash glistening on Rosabelle's limp arm.

"I'm... fine." Despite the pain, Rosabelle smiled at Draco, trying to reassure the boy that she was okay.

Draco's eyes welled up with tears as he fought to hold them back. He had hurt someone important to him. He had messed up.

Hagrid rubbed his face with his hand. Great, Severus Snape would come for his head now.

"Hagrid, Professor Rosabelle needs to be taken to a hospital. I'll go with you, if you like—" Hermione tried to snap him out of his thoughts.

"No, I'm the teacher. You all... you all just... Class dismissed!" Despite his internal panic, Hagrid tried to maintain calm.

Harry intervened before Hagrid could carry the woman. "No, we're all going with you, whether you like it or not."

Harry glanced at his friends, receiving nods of agreement.

"You all are too stubborn. Come on!" With that, Hagrid, visibly shaken, gathered Rosabelle in his arms and headed towards the castle, with Harry, Hermione, and Neville following.

Ron lingered for a moment, casting a bitter glance at Draco. "Sometimes, it's better to keep your mouth shut, Malfoy."

Usually, Draco would retort at this point, but he chose to stay silent.

His gaze caught sight of a big black dog baring its teeth at him, seemingly intent on causing him harm. This made him sniffle as he hurried back to his dorm.