eighteen

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚ヾ◌

≈ https:// hiswife. com

‹ MiraaChe ‹ has posted a new chapter!- ͙۪۪̥˚

┊❛ welcome to chapter eighteen❜┊˚ ͙۪۪̥◌

✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚ヾ◌

Harry and Ron decided to pay a visit to Hermione in the Hospital Wing.

Struggling to carry a hefty pile of library books, they made their way to Hermione's bed, which was already covered in... even more books. Beside her bed was Rosabelle, engrossed in teaching her, while Hermione diligently took notes.

Hermione and Rosabelle glanced up as they noticed the boys staring at them.

Hermione spoke, "Oh, perfect. Just set those down anywhere."

Harry and Ron awkwardly dropped the books to the floor, as there was no available space on the bed.

"Good evening, Professor," the boys greeted the woman in unison.

Rosabelle offered a warm smile and nodded. "Good evening, boys."

"I think I should take my leave. I wouldn't want to interrupt young people's conversation," Rosabelle teased, packing up her belongings and standing up.

She paused as she felt a gentle tug on her dress. Glancing down, she saw Hermione's small hand gripping her dress, halting her from leaving.

"Professor, if you don't mind... could you stay with me for a little while? I really enjoy your company," Hermione requested earnestly.

"She meant us. We'd love for you to join us," Ron chimed in, giving Hermione a glare for momentarily overlooking his presence before flashing a grin at the older woman.

Rosabelle chuckled and affectionately ruffled Ron's hair. "Of course, but I can't stay for too long. Severus would kill me."

Harry playfully rolled his eyes. Snape wouldn't go that far. After all, he had a soft spot for his wife. Harry had always observed how Snape's eyes would consistently soften when he gazed at Rosabelle, a stark contrast to the stern and disapproving look they held when he was teaching the students.

"Professor, what do you think about all these recent events, like the students being petrified?" Hermione inquired, her curiosity piqued. The boys turned their attention to her, raising their eyebrows in interest. Hermione saw this as an opportunity to gather information about the Heir of Slytherin and the Chamber of Secrets.

Rosabelle sighed softly. "I can't be telling you kids about this."

Ron persisted, making up some excuse, "But Professor, we need some sort of information to... be able to protect ourselves."

Rosabelle shook her head and said, "The teachers will protect you. You've noticed that the victims have all been Muggle-borns, haven't you?"

The Golden Trio cast their eyes downward, nodding in solemn agreement.

"Hermione, promise me you won't wander alone. Always make sure you're with your friends," Rosabelle insisted.

Hermione furrowed her brow, a tinge of fear creeping in. In truth, the boys were her only friends now.

Noticing the unease, Rosabelle smiled softly. "I understand that you all are planning something. But please remember, the more you delve into it, the more dangers you may attract."

Ron spoke up, his eyes brimming with tears. "But... but you'll keep us safe, won't you, Professor?"

Rosabelle tenderly ran her fingers through Ron's hair. "I will, Ron. But what if you find yourselves in danger, and I'm not around to protect you?"

Harry chimed in, determination in his voice. "We'll learn new spells to defend ourselves!"

Ron's eyes widened as he turned to Harry. "We will?"

Hermione interjected, "Yes, we will."

Rosabelle chuckled. "That's the spirit. I'm afraid 'Expelliarmus' might not be enough."

✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚ヾ◌

"Is it really okay not to tell her about the diary you found?" Hermione asked, a hint of guilt in her voice.

Ron sighed. "She'd probably confiscate it for sure."

"Tom Marvolo Riddle... Who could he be?" Harry murmured to himself, lost in thought.

Note: Severus will be in the next chapter, don't worry. :)