thirty-one

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚ヾ◌

≈ https:// hiswife. com

‹ MiraaChe ‹ has posted a new chapter!- ͙۪۪̥˚

┊❛ welcome to chapter thirty-one❜┊˚ ͙۪۪̥◌

✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚ヾ◌

McGonagall announced, "Remember! These visits to Hogsmeade Village are a privilege. Should your behavior reflect poorly on the school in any way, that privilege shall not be extended again."

As Harry approached her, McGonagall promptly stated, "No permission form. No visiting the village. That's the rule, Potter."

Attempting to reason with her, Harry explained, "Yes, Professor, but I thought if you said I could go-"

McGonagall, with a tinge of pity for the boy, interjected, "But I don't say so. A parent or guardian must sign, and since I am neither, it would be inappropriate. I'm sorry, Potter. But that's my final word."

With teary eyes, Harry desperately wanted to go outside, feeling increasingly suffocated in the dorm. McGonagall, looking down, sighed, acknowledging her lack of authority in this matter.

Wiping his eyes discreetly, Harry flinched when someone rustled his hair.

"Harry, let's go," said Rosabelle, smiling down at him.

Perplexed, Harry asked, "Go?"

Rosabelle chuckled as she waved the permission slip, "To Hogsmeade, of course. I've already secured permission from the Headmaster."

Taken aback, McGonagall cautioned, "Rosabelle, it's not wise for him to go during this-"

Smiling, Rosabelle reassured, "Don't worry, I'll be with him. Please, let him go."

Gripping Rosabelle's hand, Harry prayed silently.

After a moment of silence, McGonagall sighed, smiling, "Go, stay out of trouble. And I mean both of you."

Rosabelle grinned, "When have I ever?"

McGonagall shook her head and smiled, adding, "Always, Rosabelle."

Watching from across the way, Ron and Hermione observed Harry and Rosabelle walking towards them, smiling. Harry waved, holding onto Rosabelle, and acknowledging their friends.

✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚ヾ◌

"Steer clear of trouble, Mr. Potter."

"The same advice goes for you, Professor."

Rosabelle chuckled, playfully tousling Harry's hair. "Cheeky little pup. Go on. I'll be right around the corner, alright? If anything, and I mean anything, troubles you, just call me."

Harry nodded, expressing gratitude with a quick hug, "Thank you, Professor. Really. I'm so grateful."

Rosabelle rubbed his back and reciprocated the hug, "You deserve a break, Harry."

She watched as the boy joined his friends before leaving.

"Now, what should I do?" Rosabelle muttered under her breath before letting out a yelp as she felt a hand wrap around her waist.

"Indeed, what are you trying to do, Belle?"

Rosabelle giggled when Severus' hair tickled her neck. "Oh, you caught me."

Severus sighed before running a hand through his hair, looking a bit shaken. "You didn't tell me where you were going this morning."

Feeling a twinge of guilt for sneaking out earlier, leaving Severus alone, Rosabelle sensed his fear. Severus was scared, especially with Sirius now wandering around. What if Sirius tried to steal her from him? What if he tried to contact her? He trusted Rosabelle, but it was Sirius Black whom he didn't trust.

"I'm sorry, honey. I won't do it again. I swear." Rosabelle turned around, caressing his face.

"Did you really get permission from Dumbledore for Potter?" Severus asked, reading her thoughts.

Rosabelle tilted her head and smiled knowingly, "Eh, I don't know what you're talking about."

Severus shook his head, sighing. "Belle..."

"I'm sorry. I can't just leave him all alone like that." Rosabelle wrapped her arms around Severus' neck, pulling him closer.

"You can't keep babying him."

"Who said I can't?" Rosabelle grinned.

Severus rolled his eyes before dragging Rosabelle to another shop. 

"Are we going on a date?"

Severus sighed, "Might as well be, Belle."

The two strolled hand in hand through Hogsmeade, enjoying each other's company. Suddenly, Severus came to a halt, tightening his grip on his wife's hand.

Rosabelle looked puzzled before gazing up at Severus, who scanned their surroundings with narrowed eyes, as if detecting an incoming threat.

"Sev? What's wrong?" Rosabelle asked, her hand instinctively reaching for the wand in her pocket, ready to defend him.

Severus' gaze darkened before he looked down and flashed a smile at Rosabelle, "It's nothing."

Rosabelle raised her eyebrow before scanning the surroundings. "Are you sure?"

Severus nodded, bringing her hand close to his lips and planting a kiss there before glancing back at the nearby woods. "Yeah, let's go. I'll buy you anything you need."

Rosabelle's face brightened, and she grinned, "Yeah! Can we check out Zonko's?"

"No."

Rosabelle pouted, "Aw, but you just promised to buy anything I need?"

Severus retorted, "Anything but Zonko's."

"Aw, you're no fun, Sev."

Severus shook his head before planting a kiss on her forehead. "Yeah, that's why you married me."