twenty-three

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚ヾ◌

≈ https:// hiswife. com

‹ MiraaChe ‹ has posted a new chapter!- ͙۪۪̥˚

┊❛ welcome to chapter twenty-three❜┊˚ ͙۪۪̥◌

✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚ヾ◌

In the room, the previously petrified students sat at their respective tables. Justin Finch-Fletchley rejoined his fellow Hufflepuffs, while Colin Creevey snapped photos of the scene. Near the entrance at the back of the hall, Filch was reunited with Mrs. Norris.

Then, Hermione entered the room, her gaze searching for Harry and Ron. Finally, she spotted them, broke into a smile, and rushed forward to embrace Harry.

Rosabelle smiled as she observed the trio chatting happily from a distance. Turning her attention to her right, she noticed the blank expression on Severus' face, a clear sign that something was bothering him. She was well aware of the source of his concern. Ever since she shared Harry's recent revelation with him, Severus had been under a great deal of stress.

His mind was a whirlwind of thoughts, most of which revolved around the fear of Rosabelle being harmed. He didn't care about his own safety, but the idea of Voldemort targeting his wife or attempting to force her to join him was unbearable. Severus was determined to stay alive, solely for Rosabelle's sake.

His stress began to subside when he felt a warm hand gently clasp his clenched fist under the table, bringing him back to reality. Severus shifted his focus to Rosabelle's beautiful face, and the assurance in her eyes helped ease his anxiety.

"We're going to be fine, Severus. We've been preparing for this, remember?" Rosabelle reassured him with a reassuring smile.

Severus closed his eyes briefly before letting out a sigh. "Yes... yes, we're going to be fine. Both of us."

Rosabelle nodded, and she noticed Severus' hand intertwining with hers under the table. His once cold hand was slowly warming up due to her touch.

✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚ヾ◌

"As much as I love Harry, Hermione, and Ron, I was hoping for Slytherin to win this year," Rosabelle sighed as she gently stroked Severus' head resting on her lap.

Severus hummed in agreement, his eyes closed, "You know Dumbledore and his sometimes... questionable decisions."

The room was bathed in peaceful silence, and Severus felt himself growing drowsy under the gentle caress of Rosabelle's touch.

"Sev... I've been wondering. Should we take an oath?" Rosabelle's voice was hesitant as if she were afraid to voice her thoughts.

Severus opened his eyes and fixed them on her. He understood exactly what she was talking about; after all, he was used to reading her mind. "Unbreakable vow? Belle, you know what this means, right?"

Rosabelle nodded with unwavering determination. "I can't live without you, Severus. I can't and I won't."

Anticipating a potential argument, Rosabelle was prepared to defend her decision. To her surprise, Severus sat up, took her hand, and said, "Let's do it then."

"Wait, what?" Rosabelle's eyes widened in disbelief.

Severus arched an eyebrow, puzzled. "You thought I was going to disregard your idea?"

Rosabelle nodded hesitantly.

Severus sighed and then looked deeply into her eyes, drawing her into a warm embrace. "I can't imagine life without you either. You saved me. You're the reason I look forward to waking up each day, and the days that follow."

Rosabelle's heart brimmed with overwhelming love.

They called upon McGonagall as the witness, despite her initial reluctance. She realized her opinion didn't matter in the face of their unwavering determination.

Let's just say... the vow held a blend of romance and tragedy for the two married couples. This vow was rather a promise to follow each other into the afterlife. They wish to remain together beyond the boundaries of life and death.