twenty-five

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚ヾ◌

≈ https:// hiswife. com

‹ MiraaChe ‹ has posted a new chapter!- ͙۪۪̥˚

┊❛ welcome to chapter twenty-five❜┊˚ ͙۪۪̥◌

✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚ヾ◌

Severus scowled, teeth gritted, as he read the headline in the Daily Prophet.

**Daily Prophet: ESCAPE FROM AZKABAN!**

Beneath it, a familiar, haggard man with long, unkempt hair scowled from a moving photograph.

With a tight fist, Severus crumpled the paper, hurling it into the blazing fireplace nearby, flames consuming it.

The man he despised had returned.

He was certain that this man would seek out his wife and Harry Potter. After all, the once-renowned Sirius Black was now alone, with no James Potter or Peter Pettigrew for support, and Remus Lupin's trust was lost.

"I won't let you anywhere near my wife, Black," Severus muttered, his eyes softening as he observed Rosabelle peacefully asleep on the bed.

✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚ヾ◌

At the High Table, Remus Lupin occupied a seat alongside Rosabelle Snape, Severus Snape, Minerva McGonagall, Rubeus Hagrid, and Albus Dumbledore.

Argus Filch, Hogwarts' caretaker, stood somberly to the side as red-eyed Mrs. Norris flicked her tail at his feet. As the choir's song concluded, Dumbledore rose, beaming over the sea of black hats.

"Welcome! Welcome to another year at Hogwarts! I have a few things to say before we indulge in our excellent feast. I myself am particularly looking forward to the flaming kiwi cups, which, while somewhat treacherous for those of us with facial hair..."

He was interrupted by McGonagall, who cleared her throat.

Dumbledore continued, "Mm. Yes. First, I'm pleased to welcome Professor R.J. Lupin, who has kindly consented to fill the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts. Good luck to you, Professor."

Rosabelle leaned in closer to Remus and whispered, "Welcome back, Remus."

Remus smiled softly, appreciating the warmth of seeing another familiar face that he was friends with. Of course, Severus Snape wasn't included in that sentiment.

"As some of you may know, ProfessorKettleburn, our Care of MagicalCreatures teacher for many years, has decided to retire in order to spend more time with his remaining limbs. Fortunately, I'm delighted to announce that his place will be filled by none other than our own Rubeus Hagrid!"

Harry, Ron, and Hermione exchanged stunned glances before breaking into vigorous applause. Hagrid, in turn, turned ruby red, rose from his seat, and nearly toppled the staff table, causing water goblets to wobble.

However, Dumbledore's expression turned grim. "Finally, on a more disquieting note, Hogwarts, at the request of the Ministry of Magic, will, until further notice, play host to the Dementors of Azkaban."

A murmur of apprehension filled the hall. At the Slytherin table, Draco Malfoy, flanked by the ever-present Crabbe and Goyle, caught Harry's eyes and feigned a dead faint.

"The Dementors will be stationed at the entrances to the grounds. While they are under strict orders not to enter the castle itself, you will, on occasion, see them as you go about your daily activities. Under no circumstances are you to approach them. It is not in the nature of a Dementor to be forgiving."

Rosabelle sighed, sensing that the Golden Trio would likely defy Dumbledore's warnings and approach the Dementors despite the risks.

✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚ヾ◌

"Welcome back, Harry, Ronald, and Hermione," Rosabelle greeted with a soft smile, looking down at the three students she had grown to cherish.

Hermione beamed widely before enveloping the woman in a tight embrace. "Oh, I've missed you, Professor!"

Rosabelle hummed, patting Hermione's hair. "I've missed you too, Hermione."

Harry and Ron soon joined in the hug, seeking comfort from the woman. The incident on the train had undoubtedly shaken them.

"You will be fine. All of you, as long as you listen to what the Headmaster told you," Rosabelle reassured, gently caressing their heads.

The trio shared glances before breaking into smiles. They hadn't sought trouble, but it seemed trouble had sought them out.

Rosabelle kept her eyes on Harry's figure. Sirius would undoubtedly come looking for him. She couldn't fully explain why, but she still had a bit of trust left in Sirius. The Sirius she knew wouldn't betray his best friend—no, his family. James Potter meant everything to him, and she believed in that bond.

✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚ヾ◌

"It's... good to see you, Professor Snape," Remus initiated the conversation upon noticing Rosabelle leaving the table to approach the trio.

"I can't say the same to you, Professor Lupin," Severus responded, raising his brow and casting a glance at his wife.

Remus observed the softening of Severus' eyes as he looked at Rosabelle. It was the same gaze from their school years. 

Some things just never changed, and he was glad for that.