fifty

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚ヾ◌

≈ https:// hiswife. com

‹ MiraaChe ‹ has posted a new chapter!- ͙۪۪̥˚

┊❛ welcome to chapter fifty❜┊˚ ͙۪۪̥◌

a/n: I'm currently working on a new story for Hermione x OC (Unlikely Partners). It's set in the same universe as "His Wife." I'd love for you to give it a read when you have the chance. :)

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚ヾ◌

Rosabelle's heart pounded in her chest as she watched Harry enter the arena for his first task in the Triwizard Tournament. The enormous dragon roared, sending chills down her spine. She had to remind herself to breathe. Every fiber of her being wanted to rush down and protect him, but she knew she couldn't. This was Harry's fight, and he needed to prove himself.

From her seat, Rosabelle could see the worry etched into Harry's young face. She clutched the railing in front of her so tightly her knuckles turned white. "Come on, Harry," she whispered, willing him to stay safe.

Her other hand found Severus, clutching it with a vice-like grip. Her nails dug into his skin, but he didn't flinch, his focus entirely on the scene unfolding before them.

Severus sat beside her, arms crossed and face impassive, but Rosabelle knew better. She could feel his tension, even if he wouldn't express it aloud. Her heart swelled with a mix of love and frustration; he would never admit his concern for Harry, but she knew it was there.

The dragon roared again, and Harry narrowly dodged a burst of flame. Rosabelle gritted her teeth, her hand flying to her mouth. Her mind raced with thoughts of Lily and how proud she would have been of her son. The boy was brave, just like his parents.

"He's going to be fine," she murmured, as much to herself as to Severus, who gave a noncommittal hummed in response.

Rosabelle's eyes never left Harry. She watched as he darted around, trying different strategies to get past the dragon. Each close call made her heart stop, but she saw the determination in his eyes. He was resilient, a fighter.

"Your wand, Harry! Your wand!" Hermione shouted from beside Rosabelle. She was with a Slytherin boy whom Rosabelle recognized as Grayson Ainsworth, someone Hermione had mentioned several times in their conversations.

When Harry finally managed to grab the golden egg, Rosabelle let out a breath she didn't realize she'd been holding. Tears of relief welled in her eyes, and she allowed herself a moment to soak in the victory. The crowd erupted in cheers, but all she could focus on was the young boy catching his breath, triumphant yet exhausted.

Hermione leaped up in excitement and immediately embraced Rosabelle, who warmly returned the hug. They held each other for a moment before Hermione pulled away and enveloped Grayson in another heartfelt embrace.

As Harry walked off the field, Rosabelle felt a swell of pride. She knew that, despite all odds, he had proven himself. She saw glimpses of Lily and James in him—his bravery, his determination, and his heart.

"Your brother did it," Rosabelle whispered softly, her hand gently caressing her belly.

She turned to Severus, who maintained his stoic expression, but she could see the faintest hint of relief in his eyes. She placed a hand on his arm, a silent thank you for being there with her.

Severus drew her close, pressing a gentle kiss to the top of her head. "Looks like the boy did it."

Rosabelle nestled her head against his shoulder, her voice trembling with emotion. "He did. I'm so proud of him."

Severus gently brought their intertwined fingers to his lips, pressing a tender kiss on them. "And I'm so proud of you," he whispered.

Rosabelle's heart swelled with emotion as she looked up at him, her eyes shimmering with gratitude. She then glanced down at their joined hands, her gaze falling on the scratches she had unintentionally inflicted.

Her smile faltered for a moment, and she gently traced the marks on Severus' hand with her fingers. "I'm sorry," she said softly, her voice tinged with concern. "I didn't mean to hurt you."

Severus cupped her face in his hands, his touch gentle but firm. "Don't worry about it," he said softly.

Harry spotted her in the stands and gave a small wave. Rosabelle waved back, her smile warm and encouraging. She mouthed, "Well done," and Harry's face lit up with a smile.

As the excitement died down and the crowd began to disperse, Rosabelle remained in her seat for a moment longer, savoring the victory. She knew there were more challenges ahead, but for now, she allowed herself to revel in the moment. Harry had done it, and she couldn't be prouder.

Rosabelle felt Severus' arm tightened around her shoulders. "Let's go," he said softly. She nodded, leaning into him as they made their way out of the stands. As they walked away, she glanced back at the arena one last time, her heart full of hope and pride for the boy who had faced a dragon and emerged victorious.