forty-two

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚ヾ◌

≈ https:// hiswife. com

‹ MiraaChe ‹ has posted a new chapter!- ͙۪۪̥˚

┊❛ welcome to chapter forty-one❜┊˚ ͙۪۪̥◌

a/n : happy birthday to me 🥰

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚ヾ◌

Rosabelle hummed softly as she ran her fingers along the tabletop, creating a subtle rhythm, all the while watching Harry from a distance.

Observing the distress on Rosabelle's face, McGonagall decided to ask, "Is everything all right, Rosabelle?"

Startled out of her thoughts, Rosabelle offered a smile.  "Oh, yes. Just realized I forgot to remind Potter to trim his hair. It's getting quite long, isn't it?"

Severus, seated beside Rosabelle, remained silent, his gaze fixed on his wife as he discreetly held her hand in his, nestled within the folds of his robe. His thumb traced soothing circles on her palm, offering silent reassurance. He had confided in Rosabelle about the day's events, which had clearly left her feeling anxious.

"Now we're all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make an announcement. This castle will not only be your home this year but home to some very special guests as well. You see Hogwarts has been chosen-"

Dumbledore halted as a man hurried up the aisle, his comical limp drawing attention. He whispered something to Dumbledore before swiftly departing in a similar manner.

He continued, "So Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event. The Tri-Wizard tournament."

Whispers broke out among the students.

"Brilliant."

"Now for those of you who do not know, the tri-wizard tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. From each school, a single contestant is selected to compete. Now let me be clear, if chosen you stand alone. And trust me when I say these contests are not for the faint-hearted, but more of that later. For now please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic and their headmistress Madam Maxime."

A troupe of girls clad in blue attire gracefully danced up the aisle, releasing butterflies into the air.

Rosabelle's eyes sparkled with delight as they curtsied, eliciting applause from everyone around.

"Pretty," Rosabelle murmured quietly as she observed the students.

McGonagall chuckled. "A compliment from a woman as lovely as yourself carries weight, Rosabelle."

Rosabelle blinked, feeling her cheeks flush. "Oh, hush, Minnie."

Severus chimed in, agreeing with McGonagall, his voice barely audible as he muttered under his breath, his grip on her hand tightening, "I agree."

Rosabelle was certain her face was now a deep shade of red.

Dumbledore continued, "And now, our friends from the north, please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang and the high master, Igor Karkaroff."

A group of older boys marched up the aisle, wielding bo staffs with precision, twirling them skillfully, and occasionally stabbing them into the ground, creating sparks.

All eyes in the hall, including those of the professors, were fixed on them.

Ron's excitement was palpable, his eyes gleaming with anticipation. "Blimey, it's him! Viktor Krum!"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚ヾ◌

"Your attention, please! I would like to say a few words," Dumbledore announced. "Eternal glory, that is what awaits the student who wins the tri-wizard tournament. But to do this that student must survive three tasks. Three extremely dangerous tasks."

"Wicked," Fred smirked.

"For this reason the ministry has seen fit to impose a new rule. To explain all this we have the head of the department of international magic cooperation Mister Bartimus Crouch."  Dumbledore introduced the man to the front.

As thunder rumbled overhead and rain began to seep through the roof, screams erupted. Suddenly, a mysterious figure appeared in the doorway. With a swift motion, he cast a spell upward, sealing the roof and restoring peace.

Ron gasped, "Bloody hell, it's Mad-Eye Moody."

Hermione raised an eyebrow. "Alastor Moody? The Auror?"

Ron explained, "Dark wizard catcher. Half the cells in Azkaban are full thanks to him. He's supposed to be mad as a hatter though these days."

Moody began to stride toward Dumbledore, his eyes scanning the room. They lingered on Harry Potter... and Rosabelle Snape.

Severus, noticing Moody's gaze, glared at the man, who returned the look for a moment. "There's something off about him," he whispered to Rosabelle.

Rosabelle nodded. "Agreed. I noticed it too."

Dumbledore smiled warmly as he greeted the man, "My dear old friend, thanks for coming."

Moody grunted in response, "That stupid roof," before taking a swig from his drink.

"What's that he's drinking do you suppose?" Hermione wondered aloud.

Harry shook his head, a sense of unease creeping over him as he observed Moody. "I don't know, but I don't think it's Pumpkin Juice."

Barty then began to explain, "After due consideration, the ministry has concluded that for their own safety no student under the age of seventeen shall be allowed to put forth their name for the tri-wizard tournament. This decision is final."

The crowd grew unsettled, voices rising in protest.

"That's rubbish! You don't know what you're doing!" George shouted out.

Dumbledore raised his voice, commanding silence. "Silence!"

Dumbledore waved his wand over a box, transforming it into a goblet engulfed in blue flames.

"The Goblet of Fire," Dumbledore explained. "Anyone wishing to submit themselves for the tournament merely write their name upon a piece of parchment and throw it in the flame before this hour on Thursday night. Do not do so lightly, if chosen there's no turning back. As from this moment the tri-wizard tournament has begun."