forty-four

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚ヾ◌

≈ https:// hiswife. com

‹ MiraaChe ‹ has posted a new chapter!- ͙۪۪̥˚

┊❛ welcome to chapter forty-four❜┊˚ ͙۪۪̥◌

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚ヾ◌

"Sit down, please. And now the moment you've all been waiting for, the champions' selection!" Dumbledore beckoned, and all eyes turned to the blue flame, glowing with anticipation. As the flame shifted to red, a name emerged, sending waves of anticipation through the crowd.

"The Durmstrang champion is... Viktor Krum!"

The Durmstrang crowd erupted in cheers as Viktor made his way forward.

Shortly after, another name was revealed.

"The champion from Beauxbatons... Fleur Delacour!"

The Beauxbatons students cheered as Fleur stepped up proudly.

As tension mounted, another name emerged from the flame.

"And the Hogwarts champion... Cedric Diggory!"

A roar of applause erupted from the Hogwarts students as Cedric made his way forward. Standing between Severus and McGonagall, Rosabelle smiled and clapped for the deserving champion. Having witnessed Cedric's talent firsthand, she knew he was a worthy representative. Catching her eye, Cedric offered a sheepish grin, to which she responded with a small, encouraging smile of her own.

Rosabelle couldn't help but recall the moment when Cedric had confided in her about the tournament. She had stumbled upon him daydreaming, only to watch him embarrass himself by tripping over a rock and tumbling to the ground, landing flat on his face.

Dumbledore beamed, "Excellent! We now have our three champions! But in the end, only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this vessel of victory the Triwizard Cup!""

The crowd erupted in cheers, but the goblet glowed red once more and another name flew out. Rosabelle couldn't shake off a sense of unease. Standing tall, she exchanged worried glances with Severus, who mirrored her frown. 

Dumbledore took the piece of parchment and read it aloud, his voice resonating in the tense silence.

"Harry Potter..."

Rosabelle's eyes widened, her gaze snapping to the boy in disbelief. Her expression faltered. "No, it can't be..."

"Harry Potter?" Dumbledore repeated, his voice carrying through the room.

"No... no..." Hagrid shook his head, his tone filled with concern.

Locked in a gaze with the terrified boy, Rosabelle felt a wave of apprehension wash over her.

"Harry Potter!" Dumbledore's voice rang out, commanding attention.

Hermione urged Harry forward. "Go on Harry. For goodness sake."

With hesitant steps, Harry approached. Dumbledore handed him the parchment, and murmurs rippled through the crowd.

"He's a cheat! He's not even seventeen yet!" came a voice from the crowd, accusingly.

Just as Rosabelle moved to intervene, McGonagall clasped her hand firmly. Their eyes met, and Rosabelle's expression betrayed her desperation, but McGonagall shook her head, her own face etched with pain.

"Belle..." Severus encircled her waist with his arm, offering her comfort.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚ヾ◌

In a room with the other champions, Harry found himself facing Dumbledore, who burst in and grabbed him.

"Harry! Did you put your name in the Goblet of Fire?" Dumbledore asked calmly.

"No, sir," Harry replied, his voice trembling with fear.

Dumbledore persisted, his grip on the boy unyielding. "Did you ask one of the older students to do it for you?"

Once more, Harry shook his head, repeating, "No, sir."

Dumbledore pressed on, his gaze unwavering. "You're absolutely sure?"

Harry nodded vigorously. "Yes, sir."

Madame Maxime huffed indignantly. "Well, of course, he's lying. I've heard he's close with a certain professor here. Perhaps she helped him? Maybe she wanted his fame too? We should-"

Harry, who had been terrified just moments before, couldn't bear to listen any longer. He finally snapped, his voice cutting through the accusations. "Stop it! With all due respect, stop talking! How dare you! You don't know anything about her! Besides, I didn't do it. Why would I risk my life for this tournament?!"

Madame Maxime was taken aback by Harry's outburst. She hadn't expected such defiance from him, having only seen him scared moments earlier.

Moody sighed, shaking his head. "The hell he is. The Goblet of Fire is an exceptionally powerful magical object. Only an exceptionally powerful conjurer could have hoodwinked it. Magic way beyond the talents of a fourth year."

Karkaroff remarked, "You seem to have given this a fair bit of thought, Mad-Eye."

Moody responded, "It was once my job to think as dark wizards do, Karkaroff. Perhaps you remember?"

Dumbledore sighed wearily, "That doesn't help Alastor. Barty, I leave this to you."

Barty stated firmly, "The rules are absolute, the goblet of fire constitutes a binding magical contract. Mr Potter has no choice, he is as of tonight... a tri-wizards champion."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚ヾ◌

"What do you suggest, Minerva?" Dumbledore asked, his gaze fixed forward, deliberately avoiding looking at Rosabelle, who wore a frightening expression he had never seen before.

Severus stood by her side, thankfully. He held her hand, his thumb soothingly stroking hers to calm her. She trembled with a mix of rage and anxiety.

McGonagall responded firmly, "Put an end to it. Don't let Potter compete."

Dumbledore closed his eyes and shook his head. "You heard Barty, the rules are clear."

McGonagall sighed heavily. "Well, the devil with Barty and his rules. And since when did you accommodate to the Ministry?"

Seeing as his wife was unstable, Severus opted to speak on her behalf, his thumb still gently caressing her hand. "Headmaster, I, too find it difficult to believe this mere coincidence."

Despite his dislike for Harry Potter, he knew he had to do the right thing thanks to Rosabelle.

Dumbledore remained silent for a moment before responding, "However, if we are to truly discover the meaning of these events, perhaps we should for the time being let them unfold."

McGonagall expressed her disbelief, "Offer him up as bait? Potter is a boy, not a piece of meat."

Rosabelle's head shot up, her eyes widening in disbelief as she looked at Dumbledore. "Do nothing? How could you say that? He is still a child! How can you not see that?! Hasn't he suffered enough?!"

"Alastor, keep a close watch on Harry, will you?" Dumbledore redirected the conversation without addressing Rosabelle's outburst.

Moody nodded solemnly, "I can do that."

Rosabelle turned sharply, fixing a piercing glare on Moody, whom she didn't trust. He met her gaze briefly before shifting his eyes away. She muttered under her breath, just loud enough for Moody to hear, "If I catch even a hint of wrongdoing from you... I'll personally deliver you to Azkaban."

Moody took a subtle step back, unnoticed by the others.

"Don't let him know though, he must be anxious enough as it is... knowing what lies ahead. Then again, we all are."