Um Help

"Hi..." I say sheepishly, hesitation in my voice as I approach the dude who is no doubt sick of me already. I can't tell at all by the way he rolls his eyes when he spots me approaching again.

The stare he gives me demands me to explain myself, so I take a deep breath.

"I-I don't know what my locker number is and the principle told me but I don't know his name and I don't know what he said and I still don't know where the math classroom is but I also need to find my locker before I head there and I know I suck but I could really use some help so I don't get lost and I need to find the principle first... did I say that already? I don't know-"

"Dude stop... you're giving me a headache. I can't process so many words this early in the morning." The guy grumbles, holding his head for emphasis.

"Oh. Sorry."

"Mr. William's office is that way." He says tiredly, pointing in a random direction.

"I... don't know if you noticed but I can't take those kind of directions very well... can't you just physically show me?"

"Are you stupid? Fuck no, Mr. Williams is gonna know I'm skipping. I can't afford that."

"Can you afford to redirect me multiple times because I couldn't comprehend you the first time?"

The guy rolls his eyes and exhales dramatically.

"Fine, I'll take you to the fucking office. But after that, you leave me alone."

I nod eagerly, grateful that he's going to help me.

As we walk through the halls, I observe my surroundings, lost in my thoughts. Until the guy breaks me out of it.

"Maybe try to memorize where you're going so you won't have to bug me every single fucking morning?"

"T-this is only the first morning..." I point out in my defense.

The guy scoffs and rolls his eyes again. Hopefully they don't get stuck in the back of his skull one of these days.

"Soooo... what's your name?" I question after an awkward pause of silence.

"Okay, let's get something straight right off the bat. Just because I'm helping you doesn't mean I want to be friends. And the only people I tell my name to are those I think are worthy to know." He pauses. "If you really want to know, you'll have to learn it from someone else."

"Oh. Alright. Well I'm Khai." I introduce myself.

The guy stops walking for a second to stare at me incredulously once again, then continues on his way, shaking his head. I pause, rethinking what I just said for a moment before jogging behind him until I'm next to him once again.

After a few more minutes, he slows his pace and turns to me.

"We're almost there, so this is what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna show you which room it is but maintain just enough distance so that Mr. Williams won't be able to see me. Then I'm gonna leave and you're not gonna tell him I'm skipping or I'll come for you." 

I look at him quizzically.

"Now when you say you'll come-"

"Don't. Finish that."

"F-finish?"

"Dude. Just stop."

Something's up with my brain. It's being weird. Well, it always is. But it's also in the gutter right now.

I nod my head fervently in an attempt to hide how intimidated I am, though it somehow feels like it gives the opposite affect. The guy gives a slow nod while side-eyeing me scrutinizingly. A hint of distrust is on his face, mingled with the obvious questioning he's going through in regards to me. At least he has more of a reason to call me weirdo now. Why do I say weird things without thinking? Why can't talking just be my thing? I'll probably be abandoned now.