Okay Maybe There's Some Falling Going On

Above picture is Tyrone Meyers :)

If my schedule didn't lie to me, and if the label on the classroom also didn't lie, I should be arrived at my destination now. I don't doubt that the math class is already far into their lesson, because after Tyrone told me his name and vanished where I could no longer ask him for help, I suddenly remembered I needed to find my locker first. And of course, while I had the number, it was difficult for me to locate it because... well, how does one know where 257 is out of the many lockers located in the school? 

It wasn't impossible, you could even say it was easy. But it was also time consuming. And now, here I stand, out of breath, my hair all wet and probably unruly from the unforgiving weather that had attacked me on my way to school, and most of my mental energy already spent from trying to find my way around and keep my shit together throughout it all. What a wonderful first impression I'll make. But hey, at least I'm here now and I can put everything else behind me. I take a deep breath, a little nervous – or maybe a lot – and open the classroom door.

"Oh, lovely, our new student has been through a hurricane and he's here to interrupt me right when we were getting to the interesting part!" Miss. Porter, my math teacher exclaims. I look down at myself, hoping I don't actually look that bad... especially after the assumption that I've been through a hurricane.

I decide not to reply, knowing I'll just ramble or do something else along the lines that may or may not embarrass me, the chances of it not embarrassing me being very low.

"Please be on time in the future so you don't miss all this interesting stuff. Oh, I love math! Isn't it just amazing?"

I glance down at my nails for no reason in particular, maybe as a nervous reaction, but after a brief period of silence, realization strikes that Miss. Porter is talking to me, and expecting an answer. I look up. Without thinking, and partly because of my anxiousness, I say the first and only thing on my mind.

"Tyrone." 

As I hear myself say his name, I close my eyes, wishing to crawl away in my cringe, or maybe freeze time or swallow my words back up.

"What?" Miss. Porter questions, evidently confused.

"Uhh... it... I... tyranny. You may think it tyranny, but to your question, I answer debatable."

Miss. Porter gasps dramatically, then scoffs.

"Find a seat. That is tyranny indeed. And don't bother introducing yourself. My math lesson is obviously more interesting then someone who doubts that math is amazing."

Talk about smooth recovery. I didn't even know something like that was possible for someone like me. Too bad I can't introduce myself, though. I was totally looking forward to talking in front of the whole class. What a horrible punishment for Miss. Porter to take this opportunity away from me.

I take a quick glance around the classroom, only so I can find an empty seat. Once I do, I hurry to it as quickly as I can. A random classmate sticks their foot out in an attempt to trip me. But, because I'm staring down at the ground, I catch it in time and move around the person to avoid another one of those vertical plunges I had almost been met with when I first entered the building... and met Tyrone.

Excuse me, what the actual fuck? Why does he keep popping up in my head? Maybe I'm just really stoked that he gave me his name. I've never really been liked by anyone other than my mom – not that I'm aware of – and he's definitely the kind of person who barely likes anyone. But he must like me! He gave his name, and he doesn't give it to anyone! Well, unless he thinks they're worthy to know. Guess I'm worthy to know! Still, he said he didn't want to be friends... I mean, I can be a little weird sometimes. Unintentionally.