AUTUMN LEAVES

CONRAD
Its friday, i convinced laurel to let me pick up belly and jere from school early. I took them both this morning, jeremiahs jeep is in the shop with a flat tire. Im getting jeremiah first, since his is farther away. Itll be nice to be back in cousins, i miss that place.

"Hey con" jere says, getting in the front.

"hey, how was school?" i ask

"it was good as good as it can be, im so ready for a raving weekend in cousins though!" jeremiah says energetic.

"we gotta pick up belly, and then pack for the weekend" i remind him

"i know, im just excited!".

We pick up belly, and go back to the house. After an hour, weve packed "have fun. be safe. watch over them." laurel says as we leave.

"i always do" i reply.

"You can have the front jeremiah, im just gonna sleep in the back" belly says, laying in the back.

"Belly, you always get all the leg room, and to sleep. i want to sleep, you entertain conrad for once on the car ride!" jeremiah exclaims, belly groans.

"Fine, you can have the back, i guess ill be in the front" she says.

"am i that insufferable on the ride?" i say.

Jeremiah and belly laugh"no never" jere says sarcastic.

"gee, thanks guys" i reply. We stop and get some road snacks, jeremiah gets a slurpee. To everyones surpise belly walks past the slurpee machine, and goes for the coffee one.

"Belly are you okay? the slurpees are over here" jeremiah says. Belly chuckles.

"im fine, i promise" she smiles. She makes another cup, and puts cream atop of both.

"for you, its hot cocoa" belly hands one to me.

"Thanks" i say, trying to hide the smile, and blush thats forming.

"its cold jere, besides hot cocoas pretty good too" she giggles, sipping her drink.

"Cocoa is bellys specialty" i tell jeremiah.

"no cherry cola slurpees are" he argues, i shake my head.

"nah its cocoa you should have belly make you some sometime" i pat his back. We get our stuff, and go back to the car, belly pulls out her book.

"dont read for too long, i dont feel like cleaning up throw up in my rover today" i tell her.

"I promise, i wont read for long" she replies. About ten minutes later she sets it down.

"lets put your music on"  i suggest.

"Sure" she replies. this love by taylor swift comes on"connie, its our song!" she exclaims.

"I always thought we were more style" i tell her.

She starts belting the lyrics when it gets to the chrous"this love is good this is bad this love is alive from the dead these hands had to let it go free this love came back to me" she sings and dances. She turns to look at me, for the last bit. I cant help but smile.

"belly, what the fuck was that?!"jeremiah says laughing.

"Watch your mouth" i tell him

"Shit, i thought you were asleep" belly replies.

Belly only ever sings with her mom, steven, or me in the car. i always thought jere was on that list too, and taylor but maybe not.

"What a performance!" jeremuah chuckles.