GUILTY AS CHARGED

CONRAD
I wake up with the worst hangover ive had in a long time.

"Fucking hell, wheres the pain meds?!" i say outloud. Jeremiahs in the kitchen.

"here, and heres some water" he says annoyed.

"Dude what happened last night?" i yawn

"you dont remember" he says serious.

"no i was pretty drunk, fuck did i smoke yesterday? why do i smell like pot?" i say.

"You did, keep drinking that water maybe the rest will come back" he sighs mad. I finish it, and after thinking harder the events come flooding back. The beers, the girls, belly...oh my god. i was horrible to her last night.

"Fuck, isabel! i...shit...shes gonna kill me..or break up with me" i panic.

"shes not. shes pissed, but mainly worried for you" jere states.

"I should go talk to her" i sigh.

"good luck" he pats my shoulder. I knock on bellys door.

"go away" she sniffles.

"belly its me" i say.

"Conrad you especially can go away!" she replies cold, i try to open the door.

"Belly unlock it, im sorry" i tell her

"bullshit" she calls back.

"fine, ill find my own way in" i fire back.

"Wheres the power drill?" i ask jeremiah.

"The garage. what are you gonna do?" he asks

"unscrew bellys door, so shell talk to me" i say.

"Is that the best ideam" he looks at me

"probably not, but belly and i figure shit out jere" i reply. I find the drill and go to bellys door and start it up.

"you are nuts" jere chuckles

"about my girl" i mumble.

"Conrad beck fisher! what the fuck are you doing?!" she shouts. I get the last one undone and move her door.

"you stole my door!" she exclaims mad, but shes fighting laughing.

"What is wrong with you!" she shouts

"i need to apologize, belly i am so sorry. I was horrible last night, i said and did things im not proud of. i feel so guilty. Nothing happened with those girls either, incase you were wondering. i just talked to them. Im sorry isabel, blowing the smoke in your face was disgusting, and really mean" i tell her.

"You really scared me last night, part of me hated the guy from 2 summers ago. who was an asshole. So when he made an appearence, i was crushed" she cries.

"I know, and ill be apologizing til we die" i say.

"please dont scare me, just talk to me weve been so good at talking connie baby. Lets not go backwards, only forwards" she tells me.

"I know, i wanna go forewards too" i sigh"do you wanna go get the good muffins? we can sit on the beach and talk" i offer.

"Okay, but im only going for the muffins" she gives me a small smile. I heisitate before taking her hand, and she dosent push me away. We head to the cafe and i let belly choose all the flavors. we also get coffee and then we go to the beach.

"Im still really mad at you, for last night" she says once we sit down by the water.

"I know im mad at me too, god i dont even know why i did all that" i shake my head.