THE BIG 20

CONRAD
its my birthday today, we drove to cousins yesterday evening, and to my surprise steven was here with shayla. He came for my birthday, im glad hes here ive missed him a lot. Its 8:30 in the morning when i walk into the living room.

"Jere flip the omelet before it burns!" belly says rushed

"taylor did you get his favorite coffee made?!" belly questions taylor.

"And where is stevie with the hashbrowns?!" belly exclaims like a drill sargeant. Im amused by her efforts.

"Belly calm down" jeremiah tells her as he plates the omelet.

"I will not, his birthday was awful last year! I will have order" she states.

Steven comes in with hashbrowns and shayla.

"youre the best steven" belly says happy. Taylor hands her the coffee mug, and shes the first to notice me.i wave and she laughs.

"Okay now lets all go into his room..." belly trails off when she sees me.

"Hi" i say

"you are supppse to be in bed still, now everythings ruined!!" she exclaims.

"You want me to go back to my room?" i offer smirking.

"no, this is fine" she sighs. They give me my breakfast and then sing to me which i hate.

"guys no dont sing" i grumble as they start.

"Happy birthday connie!" they all cheer.

"thanks, i wanna die now" i mumble.

"Were all going to get ready, and go for a walk up the hill" belly states.

"Today is all about you, and whatever you want" she tells me.

"I suppose a group hike isnt the wrost idea" i reply.

"Let me get ready" i sigh and grab my clothes and head into the bathroom. Belly follows me.

"what are you doing?" i ask her.

"Im going to shower with you, itll be romantic" she beams

"no youre not" i say.

"My shower time is my alone time where i reflect, and think upon things. now out" i tell her.

"Just cause its your birthday dosent mean you get to be a jerk!" she states hurt.

"Im just being honest besides you said its my day!" i argue.

"Fine ill leave" she sighs sadly.

"before you do come here" i tell her. I hug her tight and kiss her a bunch.

"happy birthday connie" she smiles kissing me again.

"I love you" i say as she walks away. I shower in peace, and dry off before putting on my clothes for the day.

I wear bellys favorite shirt of mine, my red flannel, and my best jeans. I style my hair and leave one piece on either side of my forehead. I join the others in the living room.

"okay lets go" i say. We start walking. the air is really nice in the spring, and its finally getting warmer in the 60s. I walk between steven and jeremiah.

"so how ridiculas of a day do i need to prepare myself for?" i ask them. They both laugh.

"not too bad, belly planned lunch at the clubhouse, followed by the arcade" jere says.

"Then when we get back bellys invited marcus, nicole, matt, travis, and all your brown friends over.  belly set up chess, board games, and a stamp scavenger hunt" steven finishes.