SUMMER KIDS REUNITE

CONRAD
Its the second weekend of febuary, i cant believe one month of the year is already gone. I didnt drive out to boston last two weekends, because i needed to study for tests. Bellys been pretty busy getting the kissing booth organized, so shes been leaving right after her classes. Today is friday febuary 8th, next weekend is valentines weekend. I make a mental note to focus on planning something extra special for belly this year. I wish we could go to cousins, and have a quiet weekend there. Laurel says the repairs are just about done in the outside of the house.

Shes also got a home security team lined up to install cameras. Id never thought the beach house, our safe house, would need cameras. Maybe, i can still take belly to a different beach somewhere. she did say she wanted more quiet weekends though, which i dont have a problem with. This upcoming week is midterms, so i packed all my books. I imagine theyll want to study this weekend too. Jeremiah really loves finch, he loves the atmosphere, and the party like school. For now, hes still bent on coming with us.

Starting in march acceptence letters will go out, i really hope i get into stanford. It was always my moms dream school, and i want to honor her by going. I think belly and jere could get in too, but i know theyll both get into ucla san fran if they dont. I get a call from steven.

"hey steven" i answer

"hello. are you driving up to boston this weekend?" he asks

"yeah im on my there now" i state.

"Im coming home this weekend too, but dont tell the others. my train gets in later tonight around 8pm" he says.

"Thats awesome youre coming, i can get you at the train station" i offer.

"thanks man, and dont worry i just wanna hang out, play games maybe go walk around boston" he states.

"Good, cause belly, jere, and i have mid terms this upcoming week" i say.

"im sorry those suck, mine arent til the week after thank god" he sighs.

"are belly and jeremiah doing okay?" he asks.

"Theyre good, i go home almost every weekend, and cook for them so theyll have leftovers to eat for the week. Belly hasnt had any troubles with nightmares. Jeres still the same happy go lucky guy" i reply.

"Thats good to know, i do worry about them. im glad you stayed close" he says.

"I know they both miss laurel a lot though" i tell him

"i miss my mom too" steven agrees.

"So do i its not easy raising children" i joke.

"you always were the parent of the 4 of us" he teases me.

"I had to be, i was the oldest" i chuckle.

"Hey i gotta go, trains boarding talk soon though" he replies.

"yeah bye steven" i say hanging up. The rest of the drive goes by pretty fast.

Belly and jeremiah have the curtains back, so i can see in the window. Theyre playing rock band, of course jeremiah would get rock band with some of his funds. Bellys on the guitar, jeres on the drums, this is the kind of moment my mom would paint a picture of. I do the next best thing, and get a picture of it before going inside."Welcome to our band, we need you on vocals!" jere shouts. I sigh.

"alright, but i get to pick the songs" i state.

"Hello, my isabel" i kiss her cheek.

"not now im guitaring!" she says and i laugh.

After their song is done, i join in on the mic. Its just jere and belly, you can do this i tell myself.

"pick away" jeremiah hands me the controller. I end up choosing olivia rodrigos 1 step foreward and 3 steps back. I clear my throat before it starts.