TEA PARTIES

BELLY
Im still riding on the high from my birthday being just a few days ago. Today is the deb ball tea, and im both excited yet nervous. I woke up super early this morning, so i could get ready. Shayla straightned my hair and did my make up. Bless her for taking me and waking up early too.

"Two years ago you got lucky, nicole gigi and i are nice people. Your mother does have a point, some of us are mean and look down on others. Hold your ground, take what they say with a grain of salt. Text me if you need me" shayla tells me.

"Thanks for the advice, and for everything" i hug her and get out of the car. I walk inside to the 2nd floor, i feel like im 16 all over again. Im at table number 8 this year, i dont reconize anybody at this table. I sit in the empty seat, and look at the other girls. One of them waves to me i wave back, but listen to the lesson about manners. Then its time to chat with our tables.

"hi im lucinda, my parents are buisness excutive for the spanish government in spain" a girl says with an accent shes got tan skin.

"Im christine my mom mainly stays home, my dad is the owner of the new england patriots" a girl with black hair and a heart shaped face says.

"im carlee with 2 ees from la, my parents own the modeling agency img". Carlee is your sterotypical barbie californian. The last person at the table is named blair, and she lives in new york. Blair does fashion too. carlee is a surfer, and lucinda models. Christine already has her own online jewelry buisness she makes thousands from.

Just kill me now.

"and who are you?" lucinda looks at me.

"Um my name is isabel belly conklin. My mom is laurel park an author, while my dad is a real estate broker. My god mother susannah fisher used to be the head of fundraising for cousins" i tell everyone. Christine looks pale when i mention susannah.

"did you just say fisher?" she looks at me.

"Um yeah did you know her" i ask "my older sister is named kayleigh, im sure you can piece together the rest. You know my family had to pay a lot of people serious money to keep that story from the tabloids" she glares at me.

Fuck my life i think to myself

"fisher why does that name sound familar oh my gosh, do you know conrad?! He slept with me 2 summers ago. Best sex ever, is he here this summer? he really knows his way around a womans body" carlee says.

"Id love for him to be my date" she adds. I think im gonna be sick, nope not doing this again.

"Your mom wrote that book about her and her best friend. Its been on the new york times best sellers list. She beat my mom out for the spot, my mom her new cook book got pushed aside" blair says annoyed.

Just kill me now again

"why are you ever here? no offense you dont belong here" christine looks at me.

"Yeah deb balls are for skinny girls, youre clearly packing some extra oink oink!" carlee chimes.

"Im not heavy, im perfectly normal sized" i say trying not to cry.

"Look at that dress, did you buy it local? think i saw it in the window of the shop downtown" blair replies snarky.

"We got ours custom made" they all look at me.

This is the worst. i miss two years ago when shayla fixed my make up, gigi laughed at my jokes, and nicole while she asked about conrad, was so sweet and nice. We pass the tea around, im seated right next to christine. when she passes it to me she misses, and it spills all over my dress. This is the worst day.