RETURN TO COUSINS

CONRAD
I wake up bright, and early at 7am the events from yesterday flood my mind. Anger, and resentment towards jeremiah, but then I flash over all the stuff with belly. I feel nothing but pure joy. She still loves me, shes wearing my neclace, and my sweater. My belly, so perfect. I decide to go for a run, but I leave a note and a text on bellys phone, incase she wakes up while im gone. I run to the nearest cafe, grab coffee and muffins. I stop at the gas station, to get sour patch kids for belly. I know she said jere got her swedish fish yesterday, and she was too nice to correct him.

I run back to the hotel to find belly still asleep. I gently stroke her hair, and her cheek. I shower and change back into my clothes. I fold up all the blankets on the floor, in a neat pile. I leave belly another note, and text. I gotta take the car in to get a new tire. Its nearly 8 30 in the morning, so belly should be awake when I get back. I drive over to the auto shop, and they said itd take about an hour, since theres a few people in line at the shop. I get a text from belly.

Belly-Are you sick because since when does conrad fisher leave notes and messages telling people where hes at.

Me-Since therepy.

I run back to the hotel, belly practically tackles me with a hug when i walk in.

"Hey"i say hugging her tight.

"thank you for breakfast. I really appreciate it, and the candy...my favorite" she tells me.

"Youre welcome" I look at her, and it takes everything in me not to kiss her. We eat breakfast, and then she showers, now were about to go get the car.

"we have to walk" she complains.

"ill carry you" I offer without hesitation.

"I need the excercise" she responds.

We check out of the hotel, and we leave. About halfway through our walk, belly starts struggling.

"How much longer?" she sighs.

"were halfway there" I say.

"Only halfway!" she exclaims.
"This sucks, we shouldve taxied or something!" she says and i laugh.

"What happened to needing excercise?" i tease.

"That was before I knew it was far!" she replies. I laugh, a real laugh, for the first time in who knows how long, god I missed her.

"Is it too late to be carried?" she asks.

I shake my head, as I put her on my shoulders. She puts her hands on my face, which I love. I feel nothing but happiness. We get the car, and then we get back on the road.

"Whats going to happen now?" belly asks me, I can sense the fear in her tone.

"Ill drop you off, then ill go back to brown, pack my stuff, go to cousins, hope I dont run into jere. Maybe next weekend, if youre not grounded for life, you and steven can come for the rest of the summer. The three of us, plus shayla and maybe taylor can hang out til school starts" I say.

"As for us, you know I love you, and I fucked up, but I promise I wont mess it all up again, I know better now. Only if you still want me though, I mean everything with jere...." i ramble nervously.

"Have you been living under a rock, my drunk ass meant everyword of what I said on the beach. That had i known how much you cared, id fight for you, and us. Itll only ever be you conrad" belly replies firm. 

"Thank you", I kiss her hand.

Laurel hugs me tight when we arrive.
"Thank you for being my daughters savior like always, you know ive always loved you for her. Keep up the work in therepy and school. Shed be so proud of you" she tells me, and i try not to cry.