FIRST DAY OF SUMMER

JEREMIAH
its offically the first day of summer all of us are done with school for now. We havent been to cousins in a few weeks, but today were going back not just for the weekend, but for the summer. Conrads driving over from brown, with his rover loaded up since he had to take the stuff in his dorm. Taylors on a family vacation for a week to see family in florida. Laurels coming up next week, so its just belly and i driving today. We packed everything last night and are now loading it into cherry.

"You ready to go bells?" i ask.

"Yeah im always ready to go to cousins" she beams we hug laurel goodbye before hitting the road.

"ITS FINALLY SUMMER!" she shouts"YEAH SUMMER!" i shout too.

"We gotta get our summer playlist happening" i say.

"You wanna know something crazy?" belly asks

"always" i reply.

"a year ago we were trying to save the beach house, and trying to get conrad to pass his final" she tells me.

"That is crazy. Feels like a life time ago, we were driving to find him" i reply.

"I wanna see my dad today i think at the facility, weve been so busy i dont him to think we forgot about him" i tell belly.

"Yeah no we should see adam, hed love to see us" she smiles.

"Maybe con will go" i sigh

"doubt it, but we can ask" she says. Belly and i spend the car ride signing at the top of our lungs to songs. This is going to be the summer where everything changes. Belly dosent even get a whole summer here, her and conrad are leaving at the beginning of august right after the deb ball. which is only 6 weeks from now.

My stomach churns at the thought. i only have 6 weeks left before my best friend and my brother leave me. I know well still talk every day and facetime, but it wont be the same. Especially since ive grown used to living with belly, highly recommend it for anyone. bellys a great house mate. Conrads rover is already here when we pull in. Belly and i go inside to find conrad cleaning the house, i put my stuff in my room and she puts hers in conrads.

"I thought maybe since it was summer you might sleep in yours" i say.

"No way, i cant be apart from connie" she shakes her head.

"Belly jere that you guys" he calls.

"yeah its us" i reply. Conrad comes into view

"welcome to summer" he smiles.

"Hey were probably going to see dad in an hour or so if you wanna come?" i ask.

"No thanks, but tell me about it when you guys get back. you want some lunch?" he replies.

"Lunch would be great" i say.

"steven should be here later today" belly says.

"Better get ready belly" i shoot her a look.

After lunch belly and i head to the mental health facility.

"hi were here to see adam fisher" i tell the front desk.

"Right this way ill take you to him" she says and leads us to the visitirs area. My dad comes out a few minutes later.

"jeremiah belly" he cheers hugging us

"what a lovely surprise" he smiles.

"Hey adam how are things, sorry we didnt come sooner, but weve been thinking about you" belly says.

"Dont be sorry, you guys have had a millioon things these last 6 weeks im glad youre hear now" he tells us.

"Welp its officially summer yay, so were at the beach house. were excited. Wish you could be there" i say.