THE TRIAL

BELLY
Its thursday january 14th, jeremiah and i are skipping school why, because its the day of adams trial. My mom and cleveland are in orlando for the tour. Im happy she has someone to spend her days with. Im currently doing my hair, nothing too dramatic, not trying to impress anybody. I simply brush it, and put a hairband in it. my outfit is simple jeans, the sweatshirt conrad bought me, and my converse.

"Hey bells you ready to go?" jeremiah asks me

"yeah, im ready to have this be over" i confess.

We get into cherry and stop at starbucks for breakfast and coffee.
"so is the trial in boston or cousins?" he asks.

"You mean you dont know that" i say laughing.

"Nooo, i was hoping you would"jeremiah replies.

"its in cousins, since thats where the crime and arrest happened" i shake my head. I pull out my book, with conrad not here, i can finally read it. i started a new seris called divergent. Its another teen post dystopian novel, and i am in love with four. Jeremiah plays his music, and i put my feet on the dash.

Conrad would be yelling at me to put them down, but i know jere dosent care. After a little while, my stomach starts feeling quesy, so i stop reading. Were about halfway there, and all of a sudden the motions getting to me. Im gonna puke, i can feel it."dont look jere" i call, as i roll down the window, and throw up on the ground.

"shit bells, you alright?" he asks.

"yeah just read for too long" i reply.

"Why dont you have some water?" he suggests, and i do. "why didnt you stop reading when you felt sick?" he questions.

"I dont know, i wanted to see how long i could go" i reply.

"if you got vomit on cherry, youre cleaning it" he tells me.

"Fair enough" i chuckle, and sing along to somebody to you by the vamps, jeremiah joins in. The rest of the drive goes back fast, and before i know it, im standing in front of the courthouse. We go inside, and jeremiah talks to the front desk.

"hi were here for adam fishers trial, were his family" jeremiah sighs sad.

"Room 24 youll be sitting in the right side" she replies and gives us badges.

"Im nervous, what if something goes wrong, hes unpredictable" i tell jeremiah.

"itll be okay bells, hell have officers, and probably hand cuffs around him. Well sit in the back, so maybe he wont spot us" jere reassures me. True to his word, we sit in the far back corner and about ten minutes later the judge declares order in the court. Adam gets brought out in a bright orange jumpsuit. He looks awful, and like hes gotten zero sleep.

"We will begin todays hearing with the plantiff, and the swearing of the defendent and the jury members" the judge says.

Its a middle aged white women, after a minute she gets into the case, listing all the stuff hes being charged for. Breaking and entering, unlawful firing of a weapon, and 1 count of breaking a mandated court order.

"Do you accept these charges?" she asks him.

"yes your honor" he replies.

"Now lets delve into the files, it says here your wife died of cancer" she looks at him.

"yes ma'am" adam confirms.

"That must have been very hard for you to deal with"

"yes your honor it was, she was my best friend, my other half, i loved her greatly" he responds.