SENIOR YEAR

BELLY
Today is the first day of senior year. Conrad started school on monday this week, its now wednesday. We didnt do much our last day in cousins. We patched things further up with jeremiah, packed, and then we said goodbye. We also celebrated our one year anniversary, since as conrad says the clock dosent restart, it resumes. This time, conrad didnt wait 3 weeks to call, he barely made it 3 minutes on the road before he called me, saying how much he already missed me. Taylor and i went back to school shopping the day i came back. She was eager to hear about cousins. She couldnt believe all the things precious jeremiah said, and did.

I dont think jeremiah and is friendship will ever be the same again, like how it was before, but maybe thats for the better. He can move on easier. Taylors more understanding of why i picked conrad, and truth be told, i think she was only team jere because of all the guys, he was the one she was most interested in. Conrad calls me every morning when he wakes up, and every night. Im wearing orange shorts, and my yellow shirt that says good vibes on it.

Taylor picks me up for school, and we walk in. I miss conrad, and the beach more than ever. I need to do some more extra curriculars, something more than just volleyball and swim team, if i want to make it to brown. I have the grades and the sports will bode well for me, but i need that extra something, like maybe being in the senior class presidency. I could run for fundraising officer. Theyre the ones in charge of setting up all the fundraisers and dances.

"Belly, youre doing that thing where you zone out" taylor says.

"sorry" i snap out of it.

"day dreaming about conrad?" she teases.

"no, i think im going to run for student council, so i can get into brown" i reply.

"So yes" taylor states and i laugh.
Taylor and i do not have the same first period. The announcements start, but first the pledge. god, i hate the pledge. Ugh i was i wish in college already.

"Good morning and welcome back to another great year. Todays lunch special will be new york deli, and apple parfets. There will be a back to school assembly during the 6th period. I know its only day one, but class elections will be held at the end of this month, so sign up now, and start prepping your campaigns. Im youre student council present trav claggin signing off. one more thing, its day one, take it easy".

After civics and government, i have spanish 4, followed by physics, and then painting. Then lunch, my last two classes are physchology, and college and carreer prep. im going to make damn sure, ill be able to go to the same school as conrad next year. long distance, really sucks. I got so used to him being here, and just like that hes gone again. Taylor and i both have painting physchology and college and carreer prep. we also have the same lunch, which is fantastic. Jeremiah and i have been talking everyday again. My mind flashes back to the party, and our conversation.

"Belly im terribly sorry. Not a single number of apologies will ever be enough. I was an ass, a dick, a jerk, every bad word used to describe thats what i was to you. Of all people my dad got me to see reason and to anger mangement classes. He said it helped him from time to time. He said he wanted me to be better than him. He said conrad had the right idea distancing himself away from him. My dad also recommended a grief couseler and its been helpful. Im sorry i made fun of you and conrad, they really do work wonders. Looking back, while i was angry at you, i was ultimately angry that my mom was gone, that id never see here again, that she was taken from me too soon. I went back to her grave again, the next day after the fight, and i felt nothing but shame and guilt. Conrad was right, she wouldve been ashamed of me, and wouldve brought me to hell for treating you that way. You werent wrong, i was never truely in love with you, not the way conrad is, hell belly, i didnt even know your favorite candy was sour patch kids. He knows, because he pays attention to everything you do and say. where as you and i, we have fun together. we do karokee, we are silly, and just have fun play drinking games but thatd be terrible in a relationship belly wed always be doing dumb stuff. 4th of july, we were both drunk, and thought itd be a great idea for a swim in the ocean, but again conrad was right to pick you up, and ruin the fun. Conrad will be reason you live a long healthy life. if you ever end up in jail, im sure itll be because of some dumbass, crazy, idea we decided to do. i only hope to god i find somebody bold enough to challenge me, and care enough that they stop me from doing dumb shit like that. Conrad grounds you, and you get him to liven up, and be free. The ways hes shown it were so suble and quiet, but damnit belly hes never happier than hes with you and i get that now. Im an asshole for using you as a means to be in competition with my brother. " jeremiah told me. I was in tears and laughter by the end. We hugged and it was emotional. Jeremiah was right. Conrad does always ground me, and jeremiah and i got took drunk to see reason that night we. We had fun though like always.