HAPPY BIRTHDAY BELLY

BELLY
From the time i was born ive spent every birthday here at cousins beach. We did the same things every year, but that was before 2 summers ago. My last two birthdays havnt been the best. last years got glossed over, because of saving the house and conrads grade. The previous years was horrible because conrad pretend like he forgot about it. Little did i know at the time, it was my last birthday with susannah. I didnt even eat the pancakes, i was too consumed with parties and boys to appreciate it at the time.

Conrad woke me up by singing me a good morning song on his guitar. It was really nice. Him and my mom are making my birthday pancakes. I suppose hes also feels like he owes me a good birthday, i know he feels bad about the last two. Right now jeremiah, steven, shayla, taylor, and i are in the living room watching americas next top model. Steven protested at first, but i reminded him of bellys birthday rules. I get to decide everything, and the boys always had to include me. The last year or so theyve done that all the time though.

"Okay everybody to the table" mom announces.

"happy 18th birthday belly" mom hugs me. Conrad places my pancakes in front of me.

"birthday girl first" he smiles.

I smile big when i notice the infinity symbol in syrup like he always does.i look at my ring. It still glistens like i got it yesterday.

"amazing as always" i say with my mouthful.

"Belly will you ever learn manners" mom sighs everyone else laughs. Conrad serves everyone else before sitting down with his.

"so as per tradition everyone tell belly one thing you appreciate about her. Ill start belly i love how opinionated you are youve never shyed away from that" mom tells me.

Jeremiah goes next

"bells i love how funny and carefree you are" he smiles at me. Steven goes after.

"i appreciate that you never let us stop you from doing what you want. Like crashing a party" he shoots me a look and we all laugh. I dont think ill ever live down that night, when i tripped in front of everyone. In front of conrad and nicole.

"belly i love how child like, and innocent you are" taylor smiles.

"I love how belly is her own person, and dosent compromise her values, or succombs to peer pressure. Youre a strong confident women. Despite what youve been told" shayla tells me.

"shayla thank you, that one really touched my soul" i say appreciative.

"why am i always last?" conrad questions.

"Because youre the best" mom winks

"isabel i could never pick just one thing. Id write a novel about how wonderful you are. Lately ive been appreciating how strong you are, and despite all thats happened youve persevered and continued to be your happy bubbly self" conrad tells me.

"Thats not true, but thanks"i mumble

"belly it is true" he grabs my hand.

"What are we going to do today belly" jeremiah asks.

"I wanna go deb ball shopping with shayla and taylor. you guys are off the hook this year. Go do whatever" i smile.

"im sorry did i just hear you say you want to go deb ball shopping?" mom glares at me

"I didnt know you were doing that again" she tells me.

"I am i want to honor sussanah, while i still can. Conrads going with me this year" i say

"well i suppose since its to honor beck, ill spare you the lecture" she sighs.

"The tea is in a few days, which is why i need to go shopping" i say.