.39

RM's POV

Darkness.

That's the only thing I see, it's the only thing I've been seeing for a long time. I can hear voices, but those voices sound like they're far away.

Suddenly, all I feel is this feeling on my left hand. It was warm and comforting, like a hug from someone you love. Within seconds, I see a bright light and then I feel some kind of force pulling me towards that light.

All of a sudden, I'm opening my eyes and gasping for air. I look up at the light gray ceiling, blinking a few times to adjust to the brightness of the room. I slowly sit up and look down at my body. I was wearing nothing but a hospital gown, but also, I saw no blood, no wounds, and I felt no pain.

This was all strange to me, very strange. The last thing I remember was getting shot in the chest, that should've killed me instantly.

I turned to the right, my feet dangling off the bed now. I stepped down off the bed, my feet touching the cold floor. I looked down once more, checking to see if I had any injuries, but saw none.

I turned around and looked down at the bed, my eyes growing wide and my hand covering my mouth.

In the bed was me, but I looked almost lifeless, covered in bandages and cast on both arms and legs. My face was swollen and covered in cuts and bruises, a feeding tube up my nose and a breathing tube down my throat.

Was I dead? Am I dead?

Before I could think further into that, I hear a sob. I look over to the other side of the bed and saw Jungkook. He was holding my hand, his head down, sobbing uncontrollably. I noticed he was in a wheelchair, immediately making my heart drop. He got hurt, he got hurt because of me.

I just knew I shouldn't have got him involved, I should've stuck with what I wanted to do in the first place. But it's too late for that, what's done is done and it's all my fault.

I watched as Jungkook lifted his head, tears running down his face as he tried to hold back the sobs that were coming out.

"Please, RM, please don't die, not like this." He said between sobs. "You have to come back, they need you...I need you. They already lost Jin, they can't lose you too."

'I need you'

That's what he said, he said he needs me. Even though I was sure our feelings for each other were mutual, hearing him say those words made it more real.

"We need you here, even if it means you can't be the leader you once was or even if it means you can't be a leader anymore. You being alive is better than you being dead." He said, making my heart shatter at the broken tone in his voice.

I slowly walked over to him and stood next to him, watching as he cried beside my unconscious body.

I reached down and put a hand on his back. He didn't react to it, but that didn't matter to me, I just wanted to feel the warm and comforting feeling again.

I wanted to say something to him, but didn't know what to say. I couldn't say everything was going to be okay, because I didn't know if it would be okay. Plus, he probably wouldn't hear me anyway.