.41

Jungkook's POV

It's been a whole month since everything happened and I was glad to hear that I didn't have to wear bandages anymore. My skin grafts on my back, shoulder, and legs were halfway healed and weren't at risk of infection anymore.

The next step was to wear these compression garments, so the scars would flatten out as they continued to heal. Thank goodness I didn't have to wear a full compression suit, since my scars are only on my shoulder, back, and legs, but even then, they're still uncomfortable to wear.

Imagine wearing something thats two sizes too small, it's suffocating, but I have to wear them if I want these scars to heal the way that I want them to, even though it might take nine months to three years before I could stop wearing them.

But other than that, everything is going well with me.

I haven't seen RM since the first time I saw him, but Jhope keeps me updated with everything that's going on with him. He's moving around, eating, talking a lot more, all great things. The only thing that's not so good is he can't walk or talk for a long period of time, or else he starts to feel like he's out of breath and has to be giving oxygen in order for him to breathe again. The doctors aren't sure if that's going to be part of his life now, but they're doing everything they can to prevent that from happening.

Today, I'm going to see him, which makes me super nervous. We were in the car, on our way to the medical center, my heart racing on my chest.

"What's wrong? You look nervous." Jhope asked, glancing over at me.

"I...well...I don't know, it's stupid."

"What is?"

"I just..." I took a deep breath and looked out the window. "What if he changes his mind about me?"

"Do you want the raw truth or do you want me to sugarcoat it?"

"That depends." I said, raising my eyebrow.

"I think we both know the raw truth." He said. "If he changed his mind, you would be dead. And not only that, he wouldn't have risked his life to save you when you were taken by The Red Leader. If that's not love, I don't know what is."

My eyes grew wide, looking at him like he was crazy.

"L-Love?"

He chuckled. "Yes, love, Jungkook."

"I don't think-"

"JK, before you even go there, answer this question for me." He said. "Would you risk your life for someone you like or someone that you love?"

I thought about it, even though the answer was so simple.

"Someone I love."

"Exactly." He said. "RM wouldn't risk his life if he just simply liked someone, he has to care about you and have some form of love for you. RM would risk his life for the people he cares about." He stopped to glance over at me. "And you're one of those people he cares about."

I crossed my arms carefully and looked out the window. "I guess you have a point."

"RM always talks about you when I visit him. He always asks if you need anything or if you're still in pain. If he didn't care, he wouldn't ask questions like that." He glanced over at me again. "And let's not get started on how much you two make out in a daily basis."