.19

RM's POV

As expected, Jin's mother didn't show up.

We had Jin's funeral a week later. We had it in the church that Jin's family used to go to when he was a child, he always told me that's where he wanted his funeral to be.

It was a small and private funeral, the only people that were there other than us was some of the other members of the mafia. They came from other parts of the country to be here and I was very grateful for that. There wasn't many of them, only about fifty or sixty people, but that's because most of them have died or aren't as active in the mafia anymore.

Part of me still wished his mother showed up, so I can at least tell her about Jin's last words, but I guess I'll have to personally tell her, even though I'm probably the last person she wants to see.

I allowed some people to come up to the front of the church to say a few words about Jin, most of them being Jin's friends. After the seventh friend spoke about Jin, I walked up to the front and stood in front of the microphone that was on the microphone stand.

"Thank you for that." I said to the person who just finished speaking, then looked at everyone else. "Does anyone else want to come up here and say a few things about Jin?" I asked, scanning the church for anyone that raised their hand or stood up. After about ten seconds, I was going to wrap things up and tell everyone to meet up at this restaurant that Jin loves to go to, until I saw someone stand up and say...

"He has something he wants to say.." The person said before helping another person up and gave them a light shove towards the front.

I instantly recognized the person, smiling softly at him.

It was Soobin, he was a rookie member when I last saw him. He had the purple bandana tied around his arm, so that means he's no longer a rookie.

He stayed with us a year ago for a short time and within that time, he saw Jin as some kind of role model. He always asked for his advice, always helping him with stuff, always wanting to go with him on missions. We thought it was a bit annoying, but Jin didn't mind it at all, he actually thought it was nice that someone saw him as a role model.

He was much taller now, but still had that innocent look on his face. I'll never know why he wanted to join the mafia and maybe it's for the best that I don't know.

Soobin timidly walked up to the front, holding a piece of paper in his hands. I pat him on the back gently and gave him a small smile.

"Long time no see, Soobin." I said, patting his back once more and then took my seat in the very front row.

Soobin nodded at my words and then stood in front of the microphone and nervously looked down at the piece of paper in his hand.

"H-Hey everyone.." He started off, his voice cracking a little, probably both from nervousness and from crying. "I-I'm Soobin-"

"We know who you are, Soobin, this isn't the first day of school." I heard someone say. I turned around to see it was Yeonjun. He's always been that person who always has to say something about someone or something. I gave him a look that said for him to shut up or he'll be thrown out. I turned back around and gave Soobin an encouraging smile, giving him a nod to keep going.

"I-I just want to say that Jin...was a really great guy." Soobin said, tears in his eyes. "I-If it wasn't for him and everything that he taught me, I-I would've died along time ago." He said, wiping his tears away. "J-Jin has always been the kind of person to shield you from any kind of danger, whether if it's him jumping in front of a bullet or covering you with an umbrella from the rain." He stopped to wipe more tears from his eyes and took a moment to calm himself down.

"J-Jin was more than a friend to me, he was like a brother, an older brother that I wish I had when I was growing up. I-I wish...l-I wish I was there to do something, t-to do something so he didn't have to die." He started getting worked up, constant tears running down his face as his whole body shook. I stood up and went over to him, rubbing his back and letting him lean on me, even though he was slightly taller than me.

"It's okay, Soobin, we all feel the same way." I said softly. "Jin would've loved those kind words from you, I wouldn't doubt that he's smiling right now, wherever he is." I added before helping him back to his seat.

I walked back to the front, ready to wrap things up, until I looked over and saw Jungkook stand up. He was quiet the whole time, almost like he was in a daze or deeply thinking about something, so to see him standing up was a bit of surprise.

"Can I say something?" Jungkook asked, loud enough for me to hear.

————————————————————

I noticed that there hasn't been a lot of chapters in Jungkook's POV, so I'm gonna try and make more chapters with Jungkook's POV.

Comment and vote!!

-Apryle❤️