32

"Solana, I need to recharge." Sol pointed at her charger that was placed on the bedside table. "No, not my phone. And I'm not an Android user."

"Recharge ng ano pala?"

"I need to recharge myself." I went to her and hugged her from behind. I noticed how she watched my arms encircling around her tummy. How cute. "Dito na muna tayo."

We were talking while she was sitting on my lap, and her body leaning on mine. Alam kong iba na ang nararamdaman ko para kay Sol. I was just scared to start something with her. Sometimes it's because of the friendship. Sometimes it's because Sol was once a fragile girl to me. Sometimes it's just me. I was scared of having commitments.

"Huy, charing lang! Ito naman, salutatorian yata 'to!" I laughed at that. "Happy pill mo na ako niyan."

"You've always been one, Solana."

"Talaga?" I could see how her eyes gleamed the moment she asked that. I nodded at her with a small smile on my lips. "Kinikilig ako, Mav."

"Mas kinikilig ako kapag tinatawag mo akong Mav. It sounds and hits differently when I hear it from you." I said that in a low voice. Like I didn't want her to hear that.

I was stunned when she went closer, almost closing the gap between us. She then positioned her face beside my ear as she whispered the words, "I like you, Mav."

I woke up after a long ass sleep. Phil was looking at me with judging eyes. Si Sol lang pala ang gigising sa 'kin. She's calling me. I answered it immediately while still lying on the couch. Phil was smiling at the corner like an idiot. I showed him my middle finger.

Nagpapaalam si Sol na dadalo siya sa birthday ng dad ni Warren. I didn't tell her that I was also going there. I wanted to surprise her. My family was invited by the mayor himself. Tadhana na talaga ang naglalapit sa amin ni Sol. O baka iniisip ko lang 'yon kasi in love na ako.

"Just make sure to update me from time to time. If you're not comfortable na, leave the place and call me." I saw Phil laughing silently. Hinagis ko sa direksyon niya ang isang unan. "Be safe, Sola, if you don't want me to drive all the way from Manila-"

"Stop, you're not my boyfriend, babe!" What the heck?!

"Come again? Did you call me babe?" Muling napalingon si Phil. Tulad ko ay nagulat din siya.

"That was Dave, short for David! God, nabibingi ka na yata." God, Solana, you'll be the death of me! "I'll hang up na! You should continue your sleep!"

"Talk to you later, love," tumatawang tugon ko. Ako naman tuloy ang pinakyuhan ni Phil. "End the call na." Phil started hitting me with a pillow when the call ended.

I made sure that I wouldn't confess to her at the most random moments. So I cleared my schedule for us to go on a camping trip.

I glanced at Sola the moment she stepped out of the car. She was wearing her spaghetti strap top and pajamas. That wasn't the first time that I surveyed her look. But for some reason, it felt different. I handed her my windbreaker jacket. I just couldn't stand how she looks.

"Baka lamigin ka." I left her there and went back to my seat. "Medyo malamok din dito."

I did my night routine before following Solana inside the tent. I have to be presentable and clean. Hindi ko alam kung ano bang meron. Ngunit pagpasok ko palang ay nakaramdam na ako ng init. Pansin kong hindi rin mapakali si Sol. Hinubad niya na ang jacket at pinabuksan pa sa akin ang fan.