Epilogue

"Did you know that Phil is hitting on Larissa? 'Yung nakakasama natin," Miah was updating me with the latest news about our friends. "She's the same Larissa who's the friend of Sol."

"Are they dating now?" I asked, now curious about their relationship. How would Sol react if she found out that my friend was hitting on her friend?

"You guess their relationship. Do you think Phil would want a serious one right now? The dude has zero interest in dating this time. It's either he'll ask Larissa to be his fling or his fubu. Shouldn't you inform Sol about it?" I took the last shot. "Waiter! Two bottles of Daniel's!"

"This is alcohol poisoning-"

"Salamat, dok!" Tumatawang ani gago. "Pero bro, kawawa si Larissa. Alam mo bang kalat na kalat na sa CE department na patay na patay si Larissa kay Phil? Phil should be clear with his intentions." The drinks were served and Miah immediately poured alcohol into my glass. I was about to drink it when I saw Phil with Larissa. His hand was on her shoulder. "You should warn Larissa or at least tell Sol about it."

"Do you really think Phil has no interest in dating Larissa?" I asked while still watching the two. Phil assisted Larissa to a vacant couch. They were the only ones there. Phil raised a hand to order drinks. "Because I think Phil would fall for Larissa anytime soon."

"I don't think so. Phil has his reasons why he doesn't want a serious relationship right now." I saw how my friend took off his jacket and placed it on Larissa's lap. "Kayo ba ni Sol? Is there a progress?"

"Sol's just a friend."

"Is she?" I glanced at Miah, but he just shrugged it off. I went back to watching Phil and Larissa. "Shot mo nalang 'yang denial stage."

"Fuck you," I said as I showed him my middle finger. He just laughed and continued drinking. I silently sipped on my glass when I saw how Phil kissed Larissa. He was fucking gentle with her. "Naninigarilyo pa ba si Phil?" Baling ko kay Miah. Umiling siya sa akin. "I get it now."

"Huh?" I shrugged at him and smiled.

Still smiling, I put my hands up. Solana's eyes got narrower and fierce. I pursed my lips to stop my smile. But damn, just seeing her face while she's scolding me can make me smile.

"Guilty ka na ngayon?" Tumango ako sa kaniya. "Dapat lang! Maverick, I can see your dimples! Nakakainis ka! Joke joke lang ba 'to sa 'yo?"

"Solana..." I put my hands down and slowly made my way to her. I slid my hands on her waist, holding her in place. "I'm sorry."

"If this is the way you'll apologize to me every time you piss me off, I don't know, David... Baka maging tanga na ako." In an instant, I wrapped my arms around her. I kissed her temple to hide my smile. "Hindi ako marupok!"

"Okay lang maging marupok, Sol. Kung sa akin naman..." It was a whisper. I hugged her tightly, not wanting to let her go. "When the time is right..."

"Hmm?"

"Nothing." With her hair covering her neck, I kissed her neck. "Magpapahinga lang ako."

I cannot count how many times I wanted to kiss Sol. How many times have I had to stop a smile? How many times have I had to stop myself from touching her? And how many times I tried to ignore what I was feeling for her.

But Solana was irresistible... I couldn't resist her. I wanted her more. And so I did try my best to make her feel that she belonged to my life. She's not just part of it, but a big contributor to the unknown future that I have.