Chapter One

WARNING: LENGTHY CHAPTER.

Emily is intersexual but JJ does NOT know.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

January 25th, 2016

Nashville, TN

The team had just finished up a case in Nashville, TN. They had been there on a case involving blue eyed blondes; the man was taking his anger out after his girlfriend left him. The team stayed on their feet the whole time trying to keep JJ safe, but Emily, as always couldn't help but feel anxious and nervous during the whole case. Thinking of everything that could go wrong but they were glad that it didn't.

They were set to be there for a week but after the unsub messed up and left a survivor, the case was over in 3 days. Hotch decided the team would stay and have a few days in TN to decompress and relax as a family rather than a team.

The team went downtown to Broadway street. The streets were buzzing with excitement. People everywhere, live music blared from each bar, it was different, and they loved it. Hotch had Garcia flown in so they could enjoy the mini vacation. As the team walked down the streets, Garcia found a Jazz club for them to sit and relax inside.

"Guys, we have to go into the BB king club, I've heard it is to die for!", Garcia grabbed Morgan's arm pulling him inside the club. The club was getting ready for a show by Chris Stapleton, a famous country music singer in town. Garcia managed to get the team through, bribing the bouncer with a hefty tip, having set up the whole thing with Emily, she knew JJ would be excited.

"Oh my god! I'm in love with Chris Stapleton!", JJ was so excited to be seeing a favorite country singer of hers. Having grown up in a small town, she came to love country music and she was no stranger to Chris Stapleton; always busy with work she never caught a concert of his.

They found a section off to the right of the stage so they could get a view of the singer. Morgan and Garcia beside each other, Hotch and Dave next to them, Reid to the left of Dave leaving JJ and Emily across from each at the ends. Dave ordered a round of TN Whiskey just as Chris came onto the stage.

"Good evening everybody, my name is Chris Stapleton "cheers came from everywhere, JJ almost being the loudest. "I want to start by singing a favorite of mine, Tennessee Whiskey, wrote this song a few years back." he got settled on the stool, took a sip of his drink, this was a very relaxing set for everyone, no back up instruments, just him and the guitar. As he started strumming the team made a toast, holding the whiskey up high each taking a sip as they finally started to relax and enjoy the singer.

I used to spend my nights out in a barroom

Liquor was the only love I've known

But you rescued me from reachin' for the bottom

And brought me back from being too far gone

As Emily sipped her whiskey, she couldn't but help but let her thoughts wonder to the blond sitting across from her. For years she had always had a thing for the blond. She thought about all the times she would sit at home after a long case thinking about her, how many times she's gotten drunk over her.

You're as smooth as Tennessee whiskey

You're as sweet as strawberry wine

You're as warm as a glass of brandy

And honey, I stay stoned on your love all the time

I've looked for love in all the same old places

Found the bottom of a bottle always dry

But when you poured out your heart, I didn't waste it