Chapter Twenty-Nine

After our honeymoon we made a lot of changes to our lives. We finally got the house finished and unpacked. The kids have their own rooms and we have our own offices. Since I am officially a Prentiss and wealthy now, I have decided to resign from the BAU. We've been talking about me leaving ever since Chloé came. We both don't need to be working and away from the children, one parent needs to be home.

We are currently at work talking everything over with Hotch.

"It's gonna be hard to see you go. You've grown a lot as an agent and mother, just know if you ever wanna come back you'll always have a spot."

"Thank you Hotch, seriously. But I think I'm done with it all. Emily can have fun for the both of us"

"It isn't fun if you aren't in the hotel room.." I slapped her arm, blushing. I can't believe she said that with Hotch sitting there.

"Emily!"

"What? You're leaving now it's not like we can get in trouble"

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

During lunch we gathered the team into the conference to break the news. I was nervous as hell.

"Please don't tell me we have a case JJ" Derek said coming into the conference room, Reid and Garcia trailing behind him.

"Uh, no. Just a quick meeting" I waited until Hotch and Rossi were in the room and the door was closed.

"What's going on? Is someone in trouble?" Garcia asked, looking around the room. The room felt like it was getting smaller and smaller every second that passed. I cleared my throat and focused my eyes on Emily.

"I just want to say that you guys are my family and you mean the world to me. These past 15 years have been amazing to me, to us. We've grown a lot, we've been through a lot but I wouldn't want to do any of that with any other team. I love you guys so much but it's with a heavy heart to inform you that I am resigning from the BAU. Effective immediately. Emily and I have talked about it and we think it's best that one of us stays home with the kids, especially Chloé."

"You're leaving us?" Reid asked, I looked at him with a sad smile. Tears threatening to come to my eyes, I blinked them away.

"Yeah Spence I am but I'm not going anywhere"

"You just said you were leaving JJ" I rolled my eyes. I sometimes try to figure out how they're FBI agents.

"You guys do know Emily still is going to be working here and that we kinda are family? I mean Garcia and Reid our godparents to our children"

"You're right," Derek said. We all laughed at how ridiculous they were being.

"Well, since this is your last day with us, I say we leave early and head over to Dave's place for a family night. Go home, relax, grab the kids and be at Dave's around 5" we all agreed and got up leaving the conference room. Emily and I were the last ones there.

"I'm so proud of you. Not one tear, yet" Emily said, pulling me into her arms, my arms went around her neck as I smiled.

"Tonight will probably get me" she chuckled and pecked my lips.

"I love you"

"I love you too"

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

After leaving work we stopped and got the kids from daycare and school. We headed home to nap and relax before heading to Dave's.

...

Around 4 o'clock we loaded up the SUV and headed towards Dave's place making a stop to get wine on the way. Once we arrived Henry jumped out of the truck running to find Jack while Emily and I grabbed Michael and Chloé along with everything we needed.

"The woman of the hour is here! Time to get this family party started!" Garcia said as we walked into the house. The kids were set up in the game room, Chloé was strapped to Emily's chest of course.

We sat around the living room drinking wine and playing poker, with fake money of course.

"So what are you gonna do now that you're no longer an agent?" Beth asked from her place in Hotch's lap.

"Well, the main thing is being a mother. I missed out a lot on Henry growing up because of work and with Chloé being the first girl I want to give her the time and energy I didn't give the boys. But along with being a mother I'm also gonna be teaching at Georgetown University. The president there offered me a job teaching Intro to Profiling and also a class about communication within the FBI. Most of it is online, I only go to campus twice a week"

"So we have to call you Professor Prentiss now?" Derek asked smirking, I could see him coming up with something xrated to say.

"That's correct"

"You know I've always had a thing for Professors and teachers--" Garcia smacked him upside the head. "Ow!" We ate the Italian dinner Dave prepared then went outside to sit around the fire. Garcia and Reid brought out stuff so the kids could make s'mores.

"I would like to make a toast before we end the night" Dave said standing up, we all followed his lead standing as well. I leaned into Emily's side smiling around at everyone.

"I want to start off by saying I love each and every one of you. Jennifer, you are a daughter to me. I have watched you grow into an amazing agent and mother. The way you handled every case is a way that none of us could do. You're the glue that holds this team together and forever will be, no matter where you go in life. I'm so damn proud of you kid. Whatever you decide to do, wherever you decide to go we will always be there to support you. So, I raise my glass to you Jennifer, the best agent, the best mother, and the best friend any of us could ask for. We love you and we will miss you" and there goes the tears.

They fell down my face faster than I could imagine. I went over wrapping my arms around Dave tight. Followed by everyone else before I ended back up in Emily's arms.

The rest of the night was spent outside telling stories back and forth, some nobody had ever heard or some that we've heard multiple times but still cry laughing at.

These are the family gatherings I live for, where I can be carefree and laugh like nobody's watching.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

One more chapter and the book is over 🥺