Chapter 15

Previously on Chapter 14

The rest of the quintuplets walks over to me to give me a group hug. I close my eyes as I try my best to hug all five of them. I feel tears building up in my eyes. But they aren't sad tears, they are happy tears. I'm just so happy that I'm finally able to be a part of a family.

-Mt. Natagumo-

Y/N P.O.V

Giyuu-San, Kocho-San and I sat in straight line in front of Father. He's about to send Giyuu-San and Kocho-San on a mission. Naturally, I would go with them since it was agreed that I will be going on every mission assigned to  Giyuu-San.

"A lot of Slayers were sent to Mt. Natagumo. But none of them returns. It seems like there could be a Twelve Kizuki lurking somewhere deep within that mountain, and that means I have to send Hashira. The others are busy but the two of you, Giyuu and Shinobu. And of course, Y/N... my dear daughter" Father said. I smile softly at what he said.

Everyone were shocked when Father introduce me to them as his adoptive daughter. The Hashira didn't say anything about the announcement. Even so, the reactions they gave were louder than words.

While some of them were happy for me, two of them were acting obvious that they're not happy with the fact that I've been adopted by their leader. Those two were the Wind Hashira and the Serpent Hashira. They're very unhappy because their leader have welcomed a demon into his family. But, well, I try not to let that bother me too much.

"Y/N?" Father said, snapping me out of my daze. I didn't even realize I had zoned out. "Is everything alright with you?" He asked. Concern is laced in his tone as he turn his head slightly as if he knows where I'm seated.

"Ah... y-yes, Father. Everything's alright. I'm sorry for zoning out in the middle of your talk. I was just thinking" I said, awkwardly. He just smiles at my respond, assuring me that it's fine. I let out a sigh of relief that he didn't consider me to be disrespectful towards him.

"It's best for you three to get going. The more time we waste the higher the risk of deaths for our fellow Slayers" he said. We bow our heads to him as a sign respect. Then the three of us makes our way out of the Estate.

***

I stay silent as Giyuu-San and Kocho-San have a short conversation between them as we run through the forest of Mt. Natagumo. In the end, Giyuu-San suggested that we went separate ways with me going with him. Kocho-San is quick to agree. I quietly follow after Giyuu-San as we venture deeper. I can sense the demons lurking around here. Without a doubt, one of them is one of the Twelve Kizuki. But judging from the pressure, this demon is one of the Lower Moon.

"There's a member of the Twelve Kizuki in this mountain, Giyuu-San. Judging by the aura... it's one of the Lower Moon demon" I said. Giyuu turn his head to look at me as we run side by side.

"Thank you, Y/N. We just have to find that demon and end it" he said. I nod my head in agreement. I turn my head to look forward as my eyes starts to glow darker. I can see through everything this way.

"This way, Giyuu-San!" I said, stopping and switching direction. I hear his footsteps behind me, letting me know that he's following me. I keep my focus forward as I run.

From a far, I can see a boy laying on the ground. The demon in front of them is about to land a strike. I stop running and take out my flute. I place it on my lips as I start to cast a protection charm. My Blood Demon Art works like magic and I can create anything with a simple tune.

A shield appear around the boy, stopping the threads from cutting him. The demon turn his head to look at me. I was right after all. He's one of the Lower Moon. I notice there is a mark in his eyes. Seems like he's Lower Moon 5.

He take one look at me and click his tongue. "Why did you stop me? It's clear that you're a demon too... so why are you protecting this mortal?" He asked. I didn't say anything as I glare at him.

He turn around to face me and he flicks his wrist, sending a bunch of his thread at me. But before they could hit me, a strong stream of water appear and cuts them. I turn my head to see it's Giyuu-San who had finally arrived.

"Great... another one of you pests. You just keep on appearing" he said. I place my flute on my lips. But before I could attack him. A hand outstretched in front of me to stop me. I turn my head to look at Giyuu-San. He keeps his focus on the demon across from us.

"Leave him to me... you go and tend to that kid" he said. I just nod my head and turn around, rushing towards the boy who's been laying on the ground. There's another one near him.

"Oh, it's you..." I said, realizing it was the same boy me and Giyuu-San met not too long ago. The boy who wants to protect his sister that had turned into a demon. I turn my head to his sister who's unconscious.

I went down on one knee next to them. I place my flute to my lips as I play a soft healing melody. Their body gets engulfed in a soft f/c light. The wounds on his body starts to get better. But it's gonna take a while judging by his state to fully recover. Plus, he must also be exhausted from fighting.

I hear a soft thud next to me, making me stop playing my flute. I turn my head to see a headless body of the Lower Moon 5. Giyuu have managed to defeat him. I watch as the boy places his hand on the demon's back. His eyes full of sorrow as he stares at the slowly disappearing body. This young boy, he have sympathy even for a demon. His heart is pure.

Giyuu-San walks over and steps on the demon's clothes. The boy argues with him that he shouldn't trample on the demon. He said demons are tragic creatures. I tune out the rest of his rant as I feel something approaching us. I turn my head to a certain direction.

"Giyuu-San!" I warned. Giyuu-San quickly take notice of the approaching Insect Hashira. He steps over the boy with his sword and blocks her attack. She smiles despite being surprise by his action.

"Oh my..." she said. She lands on the ground and spins a few times before turning her body to face us. "Why'd you get in my way, Tomioka-San? You too, Y/N-San. Weren't you the one who said demons and humans can't become friends. With the exception of Y/N-San... as she's the only demon who acted like a human. You know, that's exactly why no one likes you" she said. I feel slightly irked at the way she teased Giyuu-San.

"That's not true! He's not disliked by people. I do like him! He's an amazing guy!" I said. Giyuu-San turn to look at me with a surprise expression. I turn to look at him and smiles softly. I turn my head to look at Kocho-San who seem unimpressed with my answer. She didn't say a thing about it as she turns to look at the boy behind us.

"Step aside please... you're aware that the thing you're protecting is a demon, right? Get out of the way so I can kill it" she said. I step closer to stand in front of them. "Don't interfere, Y/N-San. Don't break the trust the others have given you" she said. Despite what she said, I stood my ground.

"Can you move? If you can't, make yourself move. Take your sister and run" Giyuu-San said. I turn my head to look at them over my shoulder. I give them a look that he should listen to what Giyuu-San said. He quickly grab his sister and runs off. I hope they'd be okay. I know what I'd be risking for defending them. But I'm not going to risk having that demon girl killed, especially if there's a high chance that she'd be like me.

*to be continued*