Chapter 11

Previously on Chapter 10

"Oh it's called f/f... is it good?" He said. I hum softly and nod my head. "That's good... be sure to eat a lot. I'll cook you other things too" he said. I smile gratefully at what he said. I'm happy that I can finally eat human's food. I hope that one day... I'll be able to become a human again.

-Midnight Melody-

Y/N P.O.V

It's currently night time. Tomioka-San didn't have any mission so today he can finally rest his body. Just like Oyakata-Sama had instructed, I join him in every given missions. Due to being a demon, I never broke a sweat. But Tomioka-San sure is exhausted after going on so many missions back to back. So I'm glad that he can finally get his well-deserved rest.

We've just finished having dinner. "I'll be one cleaning the dishes, Tomioka-San... you can go on and rest. You must be tired from the mission we've just returned from" I said. He just nod his head at what I said, giving me a silent thank. I smile softly at him. "Rest well..." I said. I grab the dirty dishes and walk towards the sink.

Once I've washed the dishes, I decided to head to my room. As I walk passed Tomioka-San's room, I hear a soft whimper. I turn my head to towards its while furrowing my eyebrows. I turn my head to look at the door of his room, realizing the sound is coming from there.

"Tomioka-San?" I said, placing my ear against the sliding door. There's no answer, just more whimpers. I bit my lips as I contemplate what to do. He might get angry if I enter his room without permission. But I'm worried about him. I take a deep breath before slowly sliding the door open.

My gaze instantly landed on Tomioka-San who's sleeping on his futon. I notice his face contorting in discomfort. I walk over to him and kneels down. I place my hand on his shoulder, lightly shaking him.

"Tomioka-San? Hey... Tomioka-San! Wake up!" I said. He gasp awake as he sprung up into a sitting position. His eyes wide and fearful. He looks around the room wildly until his eyes landed on me. "You had a nightmare..." I said. I let out a hushed squeak when he suddenly pulls me into a tight hug. "Um... T-Tomioka-San?" I said.

"Please let me stay like this for a while..." he said. His voices sounded quiet and weak. His body is tensed as he seem to be shaken up from the nightmare he just woke up from. I didn't make a move nor a sound as I let him cling onto me for as long as he need to calm himself down.

"Okay... take all the time you need to calm down" I said, in a soft comforting voice. I slowly lift my hand, placing it on his head. He tensed a little but relaxes when I start to play with his hair.

"Thank you, Y/N..." he muttered in a soft voice as I feel his body slowly relaxing. But he didn't make a move to pull away from me. Instead, he tighten his arms around my form.

We stay like that for a while until Tomioka-San finally moved to pull away from me. I smile softly at him. "Do you feel better now, Tomioka-San?" I asked. He turn to look at me and nod his head.

"You should try to get some sleep again, alright? You need to rest. Who knows when you'll have a chance to have a good rest. Have a good night, Tomioka-San..." I said. I stand up and was about to leave when I feel a hand gently grabbing my wrist. I turn my head to look at him.

"I couldn't sleep after having that nightmare" he said in a hushed voice as he advert his gaze away from me. I just stare at him as I kneel back down. He turn his head to look at me after a while.

"Can you accompany me, Y/N? I'd like to take a walk to get some fresh air" he said. I blink my eyes at what he said. A soft smile eventually start to form on my lips as I slowly nod my head.

"Sure..." I said, nodding my head making him smile at me. I stand up as I gently move my wrist out of his. I offer my hand to him. "Come on..." I said. He grabs my hand, allowing me to gently pulls him up to his feet. He grab his haori to keep himself warm from the cold. I don't need any coverage as the chill didn't bother me at all. He put in on as the two of us make our way out of his estate as we walk quietly down the path.

A While Later

We ended up in a small field. Tomioka take a seat on top of a large boulder and gestures me to the same. I just did as requested, taking a spot next to him.

"Feeling better? Are you ready to try and go to sleep?" I asked. He shakes his head. He still looks scared. It makes me frown. Whatever nightmare he had must have been a horrible one for him to get this shaken up. I let out a soft sigh and grab my flute that is attached to my hip.

"Maybe a melody can help clear your mind" I said. I bring it close to my lips and starts to play a soft melody.

Giyuu P.O.V

Y/N grabs her flute and starts to play a soft melody. I just stare at her as I listen her playing the flute. The melody sounded so comforting. I turn my head to look forward and stare in awe as the flowers seem to respond to her melody.

I feel my body relaxing at the sound

I feel my body relaxing at the sound. I close my eyes as I let my head rest on Y/N's shoulder. My eyes starts to get heavy the more I listen to her melody.

Y/N P.O.V

I feel something lands on my shoulder. I turn my head to see it's Tomioka-San's head. I smile softly as I continue to play until the end of the melody.

"Are you finally relaxed?" I asked. He just nod his head lightly at my question. I smile softly at his response. "That's a relief, Tomioka-San..." I said, smiling softly.

"Call me Giyuu..." he mumbled softly as he slowly drift off to a deep sleep. I blink my eyes in surprise at what he just said. A soft smile starts to form on my lips as I listen to his soft breathing and snore.

Sleep well, Giyuu...

*to be continued*